NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 04-18-2006 04:05:20

rainbow

Avatars showing a "red X" instead of the actual picture.

I recently got my WaxPoteto Oekaki back up and running earlier this week, but there is one problem though. I can't seem to get the avatars to display properly. But what I want to be able to is to impliment the fix to the errors without having to apply the 5.5.8 patch without having to replace the files that I made heavy modifications to.

This is what I want to manually impliment:

1. Allow users to only upload their avatars, rather than to hotlink them from another website in which it is not allowed.

2. Allow the size of the avatars to be exactly 50 x 50 pixels with a maximum size of no more than 16 KB (when animated).

How would this be done?

(If you want the source code to the WaxOP files that I modified, I can send them you you via e-mail if you like.)

#2 04-18-2006 04:23:39

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Avatars showing a "red X" instead of the actual picture.

Adding avatars is not a trivial task, especially if you want to make sure files and database information don't get orphaned all the time.  It'd probably be best if you send your modified files to me, though I can't tell you when I'll have a chance to work on them.

What I would actually do is perform a diff (differnce scan) on your code to see where the changes were made, and patch them into the latest version of Wax.  That's usually easy, especially with the program I use, KDiff3.  Going the other way around would be murder.  wink

#3 04-18-2006 06:59:29

rainbow

Re: Avatars showing a "red X" instead of the actual picture.

Wacoon, I'm getting this error message when I try to update to 5.5.8:

MySQL: Table 'test.op_oekakichatmodusers' doesn't exist
MySQL: Table 'test.op_oekakichatmod' doesn't exist

STOP: Cannot add avatar field to database. Check the database connection and run the updater again.

Can you tell me what I did wrong? I need help here. sad

Never mind. My oekaki is finally working now! smile

Last edited by rainbow (04-18-2006 08:10:35)

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB