NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 03-19-2006 09:00:40

acwitness

Couple of bugs

Sorry to have to ask but...

First I'm having a problem with flags. I upgraded to 5.5.6 on Friday. This morning, my administrator's upload flag was removed - no one touched it. I was able to restore it. Then I noticed several people had immunity flags - no one has been given that except my admin and myself (owner). I was able to remove one, but I can't remove the other two. I go in and uncheck it, hit submit - but the flag is not removed.

The other issue is with uploads. Someone is having a problem with an uploaded png image - can't retouch with either paint or shi. Any suggestions?

http://www.acwitness.org/oekaki

OK, I now realize the retouch problem is an issue with IE - works with Netscape and Firefox.

Last edited by acwitness (03-19-2006 09:48:31)

#2 03-20-2006 01:20:13

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Couple of bugs

First I'm having a problem with flags. I upgraded to 5.5.6 on Friday. This morning, my administrator's upload flag was removed - no one touched it.

Sorry to say that sometimes the upload flag gets lost when modifying flags, because admins and super-admins always have upload access, and thus the flag isn't used.  I'll fix that for consistency.  It shouldn't just disappear on its own, though, since the updater doesn't touch any flags.

Then I noticed several people had immunity flags - no one has been given that except my admin and myself (owner).

Now, this I find odd.  There's a feature in Wacintaki to automatically give immunity to people who draw pictures, but that's not in Wax.  I'll take another look to see if there's some leftover OP code I've overlooked.  Given that you're having trouble setting the immunity flag properly, you might want to re-upload "modflags.php" and "functions.php" from the 5.5.6 patch to the server.  Sometimes FTP clients don't update files properly.  I haven't noticed any problems with changing immunity or upload flags on my system.

OK, I now realize the retouch problem is an issue with IE - works with Netscape and Firefox.

The retouch issue is with the Microsoft Virtual Machine (not IE), because of how it handles caching.  To fix the problem in IE, go to Java.com and download the latest version of Java.  Sun Java doesn't have this problem, and is also much more stable than Microsoft's clone.  The drawback is that OekakiBBS dosen't work with Sun Java.  A rare, few people say OekakiBBS works fine for them with Sun Java, but I've only gotten it to work with Microsoft VM.

#3 03-20-2006 07:03:18

acwitness

OK, I re-uploaded the two files, but I still can't remove the immunity flags that showed up on their own. Another one was there this morning. The ones I can't remove are all on the first page of the member list. I am able to give someone immunity and then remove it, but the ones that just showed up on their own, I can't remove. One had been on a different page other than the first page yesterday morning (when I first noticed this) and I was able to remove that one. This is very weird. roll

hmm...first page - I just realized that the "I" flag showed up on accounts that haven't logged in within the set auto delete date of 30 days (but have posted something in the past) - if that sheds any light? Is it supposed to do that???

...oh duh - they all have archives ... I'm so sorry o~O

Last edited by acwitness (03-20-2006 07:21:38)

#4 03-21-2006 04:55:33

Waccoon
Administrator

Oh... duh!  I forgot all about the autokill.

OekakiPoteto has a limitation where pictures can't really exists unless the artist is still in the memberlist.  As a result, if an artists doesn't log in within the time period specified by the auto kill, all his/her pictures are deleted.  This was a big problem with archived images, as the whole reason why pictures are archived is to prevent them from being deleted.  The only way to keep archived images drawn by artists that are no longer logging into the board on a regular basis was to give them the immunity flag. 

With Wacintaki, I added an optional feature to give artists the immunity flag automatically, so only people who didn't actively draw were auto killed.  With Wax, immunity is given automatically only if an artist's pictures have been archived.

So, to get rid of the immunity flag for an artist, un-archive all that person's pictures.  Then, you may get rid of the immunity flag, and the auto killer will then remove that person from the board, along with all his/her pictures.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB