NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 08-28-2009 17:10:57

AlkseeyaKC

Picture Recovery time?

Something seems to be changed. It use to be, I'm pretty sure it use to be, when you reworked on a picture in picture recovery it would add another 30 days to your drawing until it would auto delete it. But now it seems to delete it 30 days from when you first sent it.
I hope that make sense. Did something get changed to this? Is there a way to make it add another 30 days after reworking a picture and sending it back as WIP?

#2 08-28-2009 22:07:44

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Picture Recovery time?

I just ran a test and WIPs seems to bump just fine.  I went into picture recovery to get a WIP, retouched it, and on the comment screen I submit it again as a safety save.  The submission date reset to the current day.

Did you take a picture that was publicly posted, retouch it, and submit it as a WIP?  Once a picture is posted so it shows up as a normal picture, it can't be bumped simply by submitting it as a WIP.  You have to bump it manually or ask an admin to do it.  Similarly, pictures that are turned into WIPs by admins aren't bumped.

The bump for a WIP takes place on the comment screen, not on the draw screen.  You have to complete the comment screen for the WIP to be bumped.

#3 08-28-2009 23:56:46

AlkseeyaKC

I'm confused as to what you mean. I'll describe what I mean.

I had a picture sketched out and sent it to WIP.
I came back 25 days later, Ink it and send it to WIP.
I come back 10 days later and its gone. *I cry*

Are you saying I need to search my name and hit the bump button? I have mine set up that anyone can bump there own pictures.

In the old days it seemed that I could just re work the picture a bit and it would be good for another 30 days.

#4 08-29-2009 06:53:12

Waccoon
Administrator

If it's already a WIP, and you retouch it, it should bump automatically.  I haven't touched the WIP code in quite a while.

Not to pass the buck, but... do you know if an admin deleted it?  You won't get a mailbox message if a WIP is deleted.

#5 08-29-2009 08:33:47

AlkseeyaKC

I'm the only one that can delete them. I'm the owner. My friend Meagen has the power but she swore never to touch anything. I see her in real life and she has not even been there for a while. She would never delete another person's picture.

It seems like my Oekaki is just not Bumping them after send. I just did a test. Sent two test pictures. I edited the first one I sent and it did not bump. =/
I don't know if it would help but I'm going to try update the oekaki. Maybe I did something to it. I don't know. >_<;

Edit: I don't think update helped with the problem but needed the update anyway. XD;

I did mess with it more and I think I fegure it out. When i edit a picture I send it and I get the page where I can type in about it and such. I leave that page with out hitting submit. It only bumps it when I hit the submit on that page and not soon after sending directly from oekaki.
There is probably nothing that can be done about this. I don't know what others are doing but I think I'll make an mail to all to make sure people hit the submit button so they don't lose works.

Anyway thanks for the help again, even though I fegured it out this time. XD I love how your provide this free program for us and give good support with it. I was trying out some forms a while back and the support was like zero. >_<; I really appropriate all the hard work you do. Thank you. ^_^;

Last edited by AlkseeyaKC (08-29-2009 08:56:47)

#6 09-01-2009 04:32:52

Waccoon
Administrator

I did mess with it more and I think I fegure it out. When i edit a picture I send it and I get the page where I can type in about it and such. I leave that page with out hitting submit.

Interesting.  Clicking submit is a requirement, because that's where you select the safety save properties for the picture (post now, or post later).  It never really occurred to me that people would skip that part, thinking that clicking submit might post the picture, rather than keep it as a WIP.

Edit:  Just fixed this!  Now WIPs will be bumped even if you don't complete the comment screen.  Here, try this new 1.4.3 patch:  Java/WIP update (1.4.2 to 1.4.3).

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB