NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 08-01-2009 20:16:47

StarfireXD

Oekakiart like pirvate baords

im pretty new to oekaki. But one of my oekaki's on oekakiart is going to be terminated.
so im making a new board. I was wondering, how do you make it private. making the oekaki where
you can only view it unless you are a member and logged in?

thanks in advance XD

#2 08-01-2009 23:56:31

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Oekakiart like pirvate baords

The board has a feature to block guests from leaving comments, but that's about it.

It's easy to modify the board to block pictures from showing up on the index, but it would also be easy to hack this and see pictures other ways (such as through the profile viewer).  It depends how important it is that people not see pictures.

#3 08-02-2009 00:27:55

starfieXD

^^; i dont want anyone who is not a member see any pictures.
i pretty much want them to register, then i approve them
then have the ability to view/comment and draw.

#4 08-02-2009 09:56:41

SailorShadow

Just a thought on this, that doesn't really involve hacking any code, is to add a page to the Oekaki Folder. I've thought about doing this for my current board, but I'm leaving it alone for now.

The "Index" page that you land on could have just info on the Oekaki Board or whatever you want to put on it with two links. One to LogIn and one to Register. Though, since the Login box is on the front page normally, it's probably possible to copy that to another page. The only thing you'd want on that page is the ability to log in and the link to Register as a user.

Kind of like those sites that have you LogIn or Register, but that's all you see on that page...

The problems with this suggestion, however, is that you'd have to rename "index.php" to something else (like main.php) and I haven't tried that to see what errors would come up with this setup. That and it's not really too "secure" this way, in that anyone who knows what the next page would be could bypass the main page...

You'd also have to know a bit of php in order to make this new "Index" page so that it runs. A simple verifier for logged in/registered or not logged in may be the only tough code if you're not sure what you're doing or can't understand what code does what.

If not logged in, it would redirect to the front/same page... if is logged in, you move on to main.php (using my example).

But it is a thought, and would, theoretically, keep your board Private... I'd say a page with JUST the Register link, but that could make it harder for people you've already approved to get to the actual board. ^^;

Last edited by SailorShadow (08-02-2009 09:58:02)

#5 08-02-2009 20:06:31

Waccoon
Administrator

Renaming the index is not an option.  Trust me.

The best option is to make a custom page that splices into "boot.php".  If no login is found, it will ask for one, and also offer a link to registration.

That's not hard to do, but I'm not too keen on adding that as an official feature, and I'm about to do some major work to the boot code again, so anyone who customizes the boot code wont' be able to update the board.

I'll think about this as a future feature, but I can't make any promises.  There's other things I need to get done, first.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB