NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 04-22-2009 05:00:39

Waccoon
Administrator

Wacintaki 1.4.2 available as beta

At long last, Wacintaki 1.4.2 is now available, and it's quite an important update.

There is a new moderator account and a few new features, so I'd ask people to try it out and give me some feedback before I release it officially.  That way I'll know it has been packaged correctly.  It's been a while since I've added new features to the board.

Please note the new "lytebox" folder.  To use Lytebox, this folder must be copied to the server correctly, and then you must enable it manually in the control panel in the "Display - General" section.

[EDIT: beta testing period is over.  Get the official release.]

#2 04-22-2009 05:24:24

Re: Wacintaki 1.4.2 available as beta

Yay!!! I'm installing now 8D <3 Thanks Waccoon <333

#3 04-23-2009 02:09:21

Waccoon
Administrator

Oh yes...  if you have a custom "hacks.php" file (for emoticons and stuff), you don't need to update to the new one.  The only change was for the ability to let superadmins add PHP code the notice and banner, which should be a very, very rare necessity.  In general, I try to keep old "hacks.php" files compatible with new versions of Wacintaki.

#4 04-23-2009 04:21:42

Hi, I've been playing with this a little, and have noticed, with chat, that if you click Refresh and Scroll Down, it opens it in a new tab on the main browser D:

Everything else is really cool, especially the comments and draw screen <3

Last edited by Rage Inflictor (04-23-2009 04:27:29)

#5 04-23-2009 14:27:43

Waccoon
Administrator

Hi, I've been playing with this a little, and have noticed, with chat, that if you click Refresh and Scroll Down, it opens it in a new tab on the main browser D:

Fixed.  I renamed the chatbox ID but forgot to update that link.  The patch has been updated, and the "chatbox.php" file is the one that was modified.

Thanks!

#6 04-23-2009 23:30:51

Thanks for the fix. smile

I've noticed, with Shipainter, that if you refresh, it will no longer restore the applet. ;_; I learned that the hard way, the Pressure sensitivity option box wouldn't popup, so I refreshed, and lost a drawing. Can that be fixed? I love the warning popup, it is extremely convenient, but can we still have the applet restore?

#7 04-24-2009 04:28:26

Waccoon
Administrator

Can that be fixed? I love the warning popup, it is extremely convenient, but can we still have the applet restore?

Yes.  After some testing, I've found that the new Direct3D fix I added is preventing cached imports.  The JNLP files are supposed to correct some massive slowdown issues with the latest version of Java, but if it's going to cause more problems than it solves, I might as well just remove it.

To disable the Direct3D fix, just delete the "chibipaint.jnlp", "paintBBS.jnlp", and "shipainter.jnlp" files.  Make sure you delete the ".JNLP" files, not the ".PHP" files.

Dammit, Java has become such a pain in the ass, lately!  Sun Microsystems, the developers of Java, just got bought out by Oracle.  Maybe that will result in some improvements to the Java platform in the coming years.

#8 04-24-2009 05:16:26

So that's why things have been loading faster yikes I wish we could have both.

I'm probably annoying the shit out of you... But, in chat, usernames don't align right, example. Longer usernames position things oddly.

#9 04-25-2009 02:59:19

Waccoon
Administrator

usernames don't align right

Well, they kinda do, because the chatbox aligns things according to the beginning of the comment, not the beginning of the user name.

The chat system is pretty ugly.  I haven't put any real work into it for years.

#10 04-25-2009 08:29:47

Diskmaster

Applied 1.4.2 to the KRR oekaki, and there's been no complaints reported yet, but that's not significant as it's only nothing reported as of yet. I like the new picture browse method though. (The Lytebox)

#11 04-28-2009 02:10:50

~*Eevee1*~

I'm excited to test everything out, thanks a bunch waccoon! big_smile

Owner of the Suta-Raito Oekakis:
Sutaro Sketcher
SR Oekaki
SRO is the merged form of SRON and SROA, with new templates and funnn contests <3

#12 04-30-2009 12:44:48

Pinkie

So far I haven't encountered any problems. Many of the oekakiers, however, have strongly disliked the Lytebox addition. I know this is configurable in the cpanel, but I rather like the Lytebox personally, so maybe a profile option to select whether or not a user would like Lytebox?

#13 05-02-2009 04:55:30

Waccoon
Administrator

@Pinkie:

That's what I figured (since I don't like the viewer, either).  Some people like it, others don't, so it's a toss-up as to what the default setting should be.

I'm always loathe to update the database structure, but I have to do that to offer the option to enable/disable the viewer.

#14 05-03-2009 00:06:33

Waccoon
Administrator

A new version of the 1.4.2 patch is available.  This is the release candidate, and will be be made available next week if there are no problems.  Given the number of changes, I probably should have called this one version 1.5.  Oh well.

The updated beta includes new language file support, as well as the ability for members to enable and disable the Lytebox viewer.  You must run the "update.php" file to use this new patch.  The board will prompt you to do this.

A few things didn't make it.  I was looking into UTF-8 support as standard, but there are major issues with PHP and UTF-8 support that requires more work than I thought.  Also, PaintBBS and ShiPainter do NOT allow UTF-8 usernames to be passed as headers, which means that UTF-8 usernames are not possible without converting the board to user IDs.  I plan to do this later, because there is no excuse to be using usernames for logins, as well as "ISO-8859-1" as the English character set these days.  Also, the censor code didn't make it.  The code I was using is totally broken, and I'll have to look into other options.

The new 1.4.2 manual is also available:  Manual

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB