NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 02-16-2009 14:40:57

~*Eevee1*~

Applet not showing for a member

I've been trying to walk this member through and figure out their problem, but I'm stumped. It's probably something simple I've overlooked, but I'd still like to help them.
Here's a screenshot of what's happening: http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m61/ … 1nodra.jpg
They have all the latest updates for everything, it happens on all applets, the site is on their trusted list, firewall turned off, and avg trusts the site. It hasn't been resolved after a restart and I think the only browser they can have is firefox. Their computer is running on vista, but mine is too and I've never had that problem.
If anyone has any ideas, I'll gladly pass them on. =}

Owner of the Suta-Raito Oekakis:
Sutaro Sketcher
SR Oekaki
SRO is the merged form of SRON and SROA, with new templates and funnn contests <3

#2 02-17-2009 05:58:31

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Applet not showing for a member

This doesn't look like an applet issue.  I think the "m1.2mdn.net" at the bottom of the page might shed some light on this.  See if the member can visit that link directly, or if it just seems to load forever.

That site simply serves a 1x1 pixel transparent GIF, which is pretty common for a referral or ad-based system.  I can't tell if it's associated with Google Ads or not (because the ads rotate), but it probably is.  Google Ads open up in an iframe, which can cause some problems when trying to load pages and the iframe target isn't loading for some reason.

I'm not sure why it would happen consistently, though, due to the rotation of the ads.  Is this a recent issue, or has it been going on for a few days?

#3 02-17-2009 16:46:32

~*Eevee1*~

It's been going on for a month, only to this one member. I sent them an o-mail, will get back to you on whether or not it loads. smile

Ha and I just noticed my website was in that google ad. Made me giggle.

Sutaro Sketcher
SR Oekaki
SRO is the merged form of SRON and SROA, with new templates and funnn contests <3

#4 03-07-2009 13:27:18

~*Eevee1*~

Finally got a reply from them, said the page loaded completely in 1 second.

Sutaro Sketcher
SR Oekaki

#5 03-08-2009 03:15:11

Waccoon
Administrator

Hmm... sounds like a problem with Java itself.  You can try to relay this information:

Go do wwwjava.com.  On the main page under the button that says "Free Java Download", there is a link that says "Do I have Java?".  Click on that link and follow the instructions to find out if Java is working and what version is installed.  If Java isn't installed at all, the web site will provide a download, but if Java is broken, I'm not sure what will happen.  Be aware that if Java has to be re-installed, it will ask to also install Yahoo Toolbar.  When the installer asks if you want to install Yahoo Toolbar, just uncheck the offer.

I'm aware that some versions of the ATI graphics driver will cause Java applets to show up as a blank, grey square.  If they are using an ATI driver older than version 8.2, they may have to update.

One thing to try is to reduce the canvas size to something small, like 100x100, just to see if a large canvas is causing the problem.  Large canvases shouldn't prevent Java from working, but will usually slow Java down a lot.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB