NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-28-2008 11:30:26

Rage

I need help

I've sent everything to my hosts FTP, but I can't figure out how to install it. T_T
I've never done anything like this before, *idiot*.
I access my FTP, go in, click on Oekaki and then on install, it takes me to a crazy page all messed up. I don't know what to do. I really want this board. I've been trying for three days straight, once I start something I won't stop until I figure it out. What do I do?
I've never used a forum before, so I don't know if I'm doing this right. >_>

#2 09-28-2008 19:33:01

rainbow

Re: I need help

Rage wrote:

I've sent everything to my hosts FTP, but I can't figure out how to install it. T_T
I've never done anything like this before, *idiot*.
I access my FTP, go in, click on Oekaki and then on install, it takes me to a crazy page all messed up. I don't know what to do. I really want this board. I've been trying for three days straight, once I start something I won't stop until I figure it out. What do I do?
I've never used a forum before, so I don't know if I'm doing this right. >_>

First of all, what FTP programme are you trying to use when you try to install Wacintaki Poteto?

Also, try reading the documentation on how to correctly install your oekaki. I hope that this helps.

(I was hoping that there would be a online documentation on how to install the latest version of Wacintaki Poteto.)

Last edited by rainbow (09-28-2008 19:34:07)

#3 09-28-2008 20:23:43

Rage

I used Filezilla, but I still don't know what to do from here. ><

#4 09-28-2008 21:55:29

Waccoon
Administrator

it takes me to a crazy page all messed up.

My first thought is that your server has short tag support disabled, and therefore is printing the source code of the program, rather than the install screen.  That can usually be fixed.

I'll need to see the page, though.  I'd recommend e-mailing me the web address rather than posting it here, since it's not a good idea to make the board public while the installer is still on the site.

#5 09-29-2008 00:58:37

Rage

big_smile Cool, I hope it's easily fixed. Thank you! I sent you the link. <3

#6 09-29-2008 16:30:06

rainbow

Rage wrote:

I used Filezilla, but I still don't know what to do from here. ><

I use FireFTP, a chromatic add-on for Firefox to upload PHP related content, images and files to my oekaki. It's much easier than FileZilla. big_smile

#7 09-29-2008 17:07:57

Hmm...I'm going to look into that. Thank you big_smile

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB