NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-15-2008 16:10:49

Pandalocity

Re-touch doesn't work

I'm using 1.3.13 and when anyone goes to re-touch, it instead of showing the original image, it shows a white canvas.

Is there a way to fix it?

#2 07-16-2008 03:07:12

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Re-touch doesn't work

If it's happening to everyone, it's not normal.  I'll register and take a look.

#3 07-18-2008 20:47:04

Panda- to lazy to log in.

I've accepted you so you can now log in and such. I don't know and some of my users want to draw pictures but can't do it all in one sitting.

#4 07-19-2008 01:45:47

Waccoon
Administrator

Rats.  Your server is using an HTTP referrer policy.

What that means is, images may only be downloaded from the server if the HTTP referrer is the same as the web site's address.  If the referrer is empty, then any attempt to download an image will result in a redirect to the host's home site.

To see this in action, click on one of the images in the oekaki, and you will be able to see the image file directly from the pictures folder.  The address in your web browser would look like this (minus the space):

http: //pandalocity.awardspace.com/oekaki/pictures/PO_14.png

However, if you were to try to look at that image directly from this forum by clicking this link:

http://pandalocity.awardspace.com/oekak … /PO_14.png

... you will not see the image.  Instead, you'll be taken to the AwardSpace home page.

Most of the time this does not cause problems, but the oekaki applets do not transmit referrers, so they cannot download the images.  That means retouch does not work on AwardSpace accounts.

HTTP referrer policies are used to prevent hotlinking and leeching, but they can cause a number of issues like this.  There's no way to fix this unless AwardSpace changes their security policy.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB