NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 10-08-2005 14:19:28

Hanako

::Just Upgraded and now everything is crazy::

http://www.picormdwe.com/oekaki/
Okay xD I now only have one problem xD Thank you so much Kevin ^-^
I upgraded my oekaki poteto to Version: 5.5.0 Wax Poteto.

Both edit news and notice get this problem:
announce.php is locked! CHMOD the file so it is writable.
notice.php is locked! CHMOD the file so it is writable.
And well I don't know how to unlock them x_o I don't know much about anything and my original oekaki was setup by a friend.

Also does wax poteto allow you to upload animations somewhere as I would love to finish some pictures in my own oekaki big_smile

Thanks again Kevin.

Love,
Hanako

Last edited by Hanako (10-08-2005 17:07:25)

#2 10-08-2005 16:44:27

kevin

Re: ::Just Upgraded and now everything is crazy::

alright, It's seems like language File Problem... (since the labels are in language file) I bet you only changes files in that directory but you didn't changes the file in Language. so you have to either replace english.php (IN LANGUAGE FOLDER) with newer version or:
Find

/* End Version 1.2a */
-------------Add Following after that----------------------------

/* Version 1.3 Additions */
//Upload
$langop_word_upload = "Upload";

//Upload Picture
$langop_upload_title = "Upload Picture";

//File to upload
$langop_upload_file = "File to upload";

//Picture may be a PNG or JPEG file, though PNG is highly recommended.
$langop_upload_png_jpg = "Picture may be a PNG or JPEG file, though PNG is highly recommended.";

//NOTE: Picture <strong>must</strong> be a PNG file!
$langop_upload_png = "NOTE: Picture <strong>must</strong> be a PNG file.";

//ShiPainter
$langop_word_shipainter = "ShiPainter";

//ShiPainter Pro
$langop_word_shipainterpro = "ShiPainter Pro";

//Edit Banner
$langop_header_ebanner = "Edit Banner";

//Reset All Templates
$langop_install_resettemplate = "Reset All Templates";

//If yes, all members will have their template reset to the default
$langop_install_resettemplatesub = "If yes, all members will have their template reset to the default";

//Use built-in chat?
$langop_install_usechat = "Use built-in chat?";

//Note: high bandwidth usage
$langop_install_usechatsub = "Note: high bandwidth usage";

//Rebuild All Thumbnails (requires JPEG Compression)
$langop_install_rthumb = "Rebuild All Thumbnails (requires JPEG Compression)";

//If Yes, all thumbnails will be rebuilt (takes a while!)
$langop_install_rthumb_subyes = "If Yes, all thumbnails will be rebuilt (takes a while!)";

//If No, only newest pictures will be affected by changes (default)
$langop_install_rthumb_subno = "If No, only newest pictures will be affected by changes (default)";

//Thumbnail Scaling
$langop_install_tscaling = "Thumbnail Scaling";

//Determines how thumbnails are sized
$langop_install_tscalingsub = "Determines how thumbnails are sized";

//No scaling
$langop_install_tscaling_none = "No scaling";

//Scale large pictures to half size
$langop_install_tscaling_half = "Scale large pictures to half size";

//Size to {X} pixels (default 150, min 50, max 300)
$langop_install_tscaling_exact1 = "Size to ";
$langop_install_tscaling_exact2 = " pixels (default 150, min 50, max 300)";

//Your server does not have the GD library extension, therefore you cannot enable thumbnails.
$langop_install_nogd = "Your server does not have the GD library extension, therefore you cannot enable thumbnails.";

//Save Control Panel Settings
$langop_install_savecpanel = "Save Control Panel Settings";

//NOTE: this is a guess!  Please confirm that this default URL is correct.
$langop_install_guessurl = "NOTE: this is a guess!  Please confirm that this default URL is correct.";

//Your E-mail Address (leave blank to use registration e-mail)
$langop_install_adminemail = "Your E-mail Address (leave blank to use registration e-mail)";

//Admins only:  Bump Post
$langop_bumppost_title = "Admins only:  Bump Post";

//Bump picture (no comment will be posted):
$langop_bumppost = "Bump picture (no comment will be posted):";

//N/A
$langop_word_na = "N/A";

//Load time:
$langop_loadtime = "Load time";

//You do not have draw access. Ask an administrator on details for recieving access.
$langop_draw_noaccess = "You do not have draw access. Ask an administrator on details for recieving access.";

//Latest Official OekakiPoteto
$langop_vcheck_lver = "Latest official OekakiPoteto";

//Latest Wax Poteto update
$langop_vcheck_wver = "Latest Wax Poteto update";

//(Click to enlarge)
$langop_enlarge = "(Click to enlarge)";

/* End Version 1.3 */

/* Version 1.4 Additions */
// Uploaded by
$langop_uploaded_by = "Uploaded by";

// Picture is a BMP file, which is not supported.  Make sure screen captures have been saved in the correct format
$langop_no_bmp = "Picture is a BMP file, which is not supported.  Make sure screen captures have been saved in the correct format.";

$langop_no_jpeg = "JPEG support must be on to upload a JPEG file, otherwise a PNG is required.";

// Picture is not a supported format
$langop_no_format = "Picture is not a supported format";

// No file data was received.  Try again.
$langop_no_upload_data = "No file data was received.  Try again.";

// An error occured while uploading.  Try again.
$langop_upload_err = "An error occured while uploading.  Try again.";

/* End Version 1.4 */

/* Version 1.5 */
//Default permissions for new members
$langop_install_access = 'Default permissions for new members';

// automatic assignment of flags for non-approvals
$langop_install_accesssub = 'automatic assignment of flags for each new accepted registration.';

// Upload Access
$langop_type_uaccess = 'Upload Access';

// Print "Uploaded by"
$langop_admin_uploaded_by = 'Print &ldquo;Uploaded by&rdquo;';

// Gives the user access to the picture upload feature.
$langop_type_guaccess = 'Gives the user access to the picture upload feature.';

// Time invested (in minutes, "0" if unknown)
$langop_comment_timein = 'Time invested (in minutes, &ldquo;0&rdquo; if unknown)';

// Send reason to mailbox
$langop_dela_sendreason = 'Send reason to mailbox';

$langop_banner_sub = 'HTML and PHP is allowed.  An image without text, or an exactly-sized div or table is recommended.';

/* End Version 1.5 */
?>
Hopefully that will solve the problem

#3 10-08-2005 17:00:48

Hanako

Omg *hits head on table* It was so simple xD
Though I still can't edit the notice or the news.

#4 10-08-2005 18:01:20

Waccoon
Administrator

OekakiPoteto doesn't check whether the notice and news files are writable, but Wax does.  You'll have to change the CHMOD number for those two files to 664.  While you're at it, make sure the hosts.txt and ips.txt files (the ban list) are also CHMOD to 664.

If you decide to add a banner, make sure there's a banner.php file in the directory, and CHMOD that to 664, too.  Normally this file is created by the Wax installer, but it will be absent with an upgrade.

If the files are still locked after the CHMOD, there might be a file ownership issue.  Back them up, delete them from the server, re-upload them, and then CHMOD them to 664.

#5 10-08-2005 18:03:29

Waccoon
Administrator

Oh yeah, Wax does not currently support animation uploads, but several people have asked for it, so I will add it eventually.  The trick is copying an animation thumbnail into place instead of an actual picture, but this is difficult with Wax becuase it doesn't have a real thumbnail framework, like Wacintaki.

#6 10-08-2005 18:46:21

Hanako

Problem... I have no idea what CHMOD is xD But thank you big_smile I think mum said she knows something but I'm not sure ^-^;;
Edit: Okay I tried that but it didn't work so deleted them and uploaded them again and changed it and it still didn't work. I changed them to 666 and they worked but mum said that I should't keep them on as it is bad security.
Mum asks how are the groups settings defined for the admin users?
Edit: I can edit the notice from the direct admin or the thing that edits you whole website stuff but I can't edit the notice if I logged in to the oekaki as the owner.

Last edited by Hanako (10-08-2005 19:56:51)

#7 10-09-2005 03:36:08

Waccoon
Administrator

CHMOD is how you tell the computer what security permissions are used for a file.  Most FTP programs have a CHMOD or "change permissions" feature.  When you upload files to the server with an FTP client, try right-clicking on a file and look for something that allows you to change permissions.

664 is the correct number to use for these files, so everyone (meaning PHP) can read and write the files, but nobody has execute permissions.  Do not use 666 (the evil number -- really).

On some servers with strict security policies, 664 may not work unless PHP creates the files itself (the execute mask is required to allow sciripts to access files).  If that's the case, and 664 doesn't work, I may have to give you a small script to "rebuild" the files within PHP.  That's rare, but it can happen.

For admin users, permissions depend on your user flags.  There's a text field in the database called usrflags for each member.  An "A" flag is admin, "S" is super-admin, and "O" is owner.  Admins can change the notice, banner, and other working files, and all those files can contain PHP source code, so don't give admin abilities to someone you wouldn't trust with that kind of power.

Really, Wax Poteto is much more secure than OekakiPoteto, so if you haven't had any real trouble with your old board, Wax should work just fine.  Again, if CHMOD 664 isn't working, I'll just have to give you a script to make the files writable.

#8 10-11-2005 05:41:31

Hanako

Thank you ^-^ That would be so nice if it isn't too much hassle big_smile I can always ask my host person about 664 before hand though. big_smile

#9 10-20-2005 10:04:56

Hanako

I can't edit my defalut template. It keeps saying this:

Warning: fopen(templates/Kadonomaru.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/picormdwe/domains/picormdwe.com/public_html/oekaki/tedit.php on line 148

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/picormdwe/domains/picormdwe.com/public_html/oekaki/tedit.php on line 149

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/picormdwe/domains/picormdwe.com/public_html/oekaki/tedit.php on line 150

#10 10-21-2005 05:39:13

Waccoon
Administrator

Rats.  I need to add to the manual that if you want to edit existing templates, they must CHMOD to 664, or else they are not writable.  By default, no files FTP'd to a server are writable, for security reasons.

If you create a new template, this is not necessary, as the PHP scripting language claims write permissions.

CHMOD your templates to 664, and you will be able to edit them.

#11 10-21-2005 05:41:53

Waccoon
Administrator

Oh yeah, and be sure to get Wax 5.5.2 while you're in there changing your files.  The micro patch is all you'll need.  smile

Wax 5.5.2

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB