NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 02-21-2008 16:30:32

Albel

Having issues rebuilding thumbnails...

http://symphonicheaven.com/oekaki/

I changed the thumbnail size, so I rebuilt the thumbnails. Only, most of them seem to have messed up somehow.

Any idea why, and how I can fix this issue?

#2 02-23-2008 02:18:00

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Having issues rebuilding thumbnails...

The thumbnail rebuilder does have some issues when dealing with large numbers of pictures, but your board doesn't have that many pictures, so you shouldn't have an issue.

When you log in, do you have a "Thumb" link on each post, and can you use it?  That forces a thumbnail rebuild for each picture individually.  If you're having problems forcing a thumbnail rebuild with an particular picture, there might be something wrong with the board itself.

#3 02-23-2008 18:08:15

Albel

Waccoon wrote:

The thumbnail rebuilder does have some issues when dealing with large numbers of pictures, but your board doesn't have that many pictures, so you shouldn't have an issue.

When you log in, do you have a "Thumb" link on each post, and can you use it?  That forces a thumbnail rebuild for each picture individually.  If you're having problems forcing a thumbnail rebuild with an particular picture, there might be something wrong with the board itself.

Forcing the thumbnail to update via that option does make it work as expected.

#4 02-23-2008 22:36:19

Waccoon
Administrator

What settings are you using for thumbnails?  When you use the thumbnail override, it should always use a thumbnail, whether the board thinks it should or not.  Currently, it looks like the board isn't making any thumbnails at all.

#5 02-24-2008 08:45:47

Albel

Waccoon wrote:

What settings are you using for thumbnails?  When you use the thumbnail override, it should always use a thumbnail, whether the board thinks it should or not.  Currently, it looks like the board isn't making any thumbnails at all.

Scaled, and force default thumbnails is set to on. 118 set for the two thumbnail size.

#6 03-02-2008 02:54:45

Waccoon
Administrator

Sorry for the long wait.  It's been a pretty busy week.

OK, it sounds to me like the thumbnail generator wants to make files, but GDlib isn't making them.  If a thumbnail isn't supposed to be made, then the board will display the original image.  If a thumbnail is supposed to be made, but isn't, then you can get blank links.

Try replacing the "paintsave.php" file with this one, as it will give some messages if something really goes wrong.  If we manage to resolve this issue, you should not use this new "paintsave.php" file permanently.

Paintsave debug

#7 03-11-2008 05:48:39

Albel

Sorry for the late reply. I had posted this message before I had went on vacation, and I've been working at getting caught back up with everything.

Anyways, that file didn't work, and actually seemed to bork some of the thumbnails that worked before when I did it.

I'm going and manually making the thumbnails via the "Thumb" command on each of the drawings, for the time being (so it *appears* okay to the users, since this only occurs when I rebuild in the Control Panel, IIRC).

#8 03-12-2008 04:17:01

Waccoon
Administrator

Wait... it didn't print any errors at all?  Are new picture posts making thumbnails properly?

The "Thumb" link and the control panel use the same function call to make thumbnails.  Why the heck is the server trying to use thumbnails for every picture, but not actually making them?

#9 03-12-2008 05:59:59

Albel

Waccoon wrote:

Wait... it didn't print any errors at all?  Are new picture posts making thumbnails properly?

The "Thumb" link and the control panel use the same function call to make thumbnails.  Why the heck is the server trying to use thumbnails for every picture, but not actually making them?

Yeah, it actually borked a few that worked before with the CP link, yet doing them one-by-one worked fine. Maybe Gamespy messed w/ something that controls the mass-thumb functionality?

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB