NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 02-24-2008 19:29:33

kinohi

owner deleted & not able to install patch

My board is at http://www.pineapplestew.com/oekaki and it's asking me to run the installer... but I can access it ok when I go through the domain name I have directed to that location:  http://www.urb-art.com

Sorry, these are probably things I should be able to work out, but I've been going round and round with it.  One of my admins deleted the owner account and I tried to get it back with the flagrestore.php file from the documentation folder and I get:

Code:

<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  main(dbconn.php) [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/home/kinohi/public_html/oekaki/flagrestore.php</b> on line <b>16</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  main() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening 'dbconn.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in <b>/home/kinohi/public_html/oekaki/flagrestore.php</b> on line <b>16</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  mysql_query() [<a href='function.mysql-query'>function.mysql-query</a>]: Access denied for user 'kinohi'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in <b>/home/kinohi/public_html/oekaki/flagrestore.php</b> on line <b>22</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  mysql_query() [<a href='function.mysql-query'>function.mysql-query</a>]: A link to the server could not be established in <b>/home/kinohi/public_html/oekaki/flagrestore.php</b> on line <b>22</b><br />
Access denied for user 'kinohi'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  mysql_close(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in <b>/home/kinohi/public_html/oekaki/flagrestore.php</b> on line <b>27</b><br />
Flags restored

Also, I tried to update with the patch and I get this:

Wacintaki Poteto Update 1.3.0

Warning: update failed due to the following errors:

Files cannot be included: "config.php", "dbconn.php"
Update cannot continue.

Make sure your old board is working properly before running this updater.

I have run the reclaim.php file and it gives me this:

SKIPPED: dbconn.php (does not exist)
SKIPPED: config.php (does not exist)
SKIPPED: resource/ips.txt (does not exist)
SKIPPED: resource/hosts.txt (does not exist)
SKIPPED: resource/banner.php (does not exist)
SKIPPED: resource/notice.php (does not exist)
SKIPPED: resource/rules.php (does not exist)

Success! All BBS files should now be writable.

#2 03-02-2008 02:27:58

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: owner deleted & not able to install patch

No, it's at http://www.pineapplestew.com/urbaniacs/oekaki/ wink

http://www.pineapplestew.com/oekaki appears to be a duplicate copy of the board that has not been installed, yet, which is why there are no resource files.

One of my admins deleted the owner account

Ouch.  The newer version of Wacintaki no longer allows this to happen.  The flagrestore script should work fine once it has been uploaded to the correct directory.

As for the horrible amount of spam, Wacintaki 1.3.x has some improvements to deal with it.  However, you'll need to download this script to clean it up:  Clean Spam!

The cleaner will remove guest comments containing more than 2 "spammer style" links.  Member comments will not be affected unless you change the config setting of the script.

#3 03-05-2008 02:39:48

kinohi

*so embarrassed*

I finally made the changes to the right directory and the patch is working fine.  Thank you so much!  ^_^

I did restore the flags, but I don't see the control panel.  I'd still like to disable guest comments.  Did I miss a step.  *feels like an airhead*

Last edited by kinohi (03-05-2008 02:50:21)

#4 03-05-2008 03:52:32

Waccoon
Administrator

There doesn't appear to be anyone listed as the owner (you can check in either the memberlist or the FAQ).  Only the owner is allowed to access the control panel.

When you run "flagrestore.php", make sure the name you entered into the code is exactly the same as it appears in the memberlist, including capitalization and underscores.  It is possible to have more than one owner, BTW.

#5 03-05-2008 12:57:35

kinohi

Yeah, it's kind of weird, but I have admin capabilities even though I'm not listed as an admin on the Memberlist.

I went back to make sure the proper name (in this case, Love_Child) was entered in the code and it is.  Then I copied and pasted it into the code from the Memberlist just to make sure my eyes weren't being buggy, and restored the flags again.  It says Flags Restored, but it doesn't seem to be working.  Am I using an outdated flagrestore file?

Code:

<?php
//This script will restore your ownership flags in the event you 

lose them. To run, put in your username in $usrname and upload to 

your OP directory and run it.

// Put your username here
// Do NOT use quotes or apostrophes.
$usrname = "Love_Child";

include('dbconn.php');

header ('Content-type: text/plain');

$result = mysql_query("UPDATE {$OekakiPoteto_MemberPrefix}oekaki 

SET usrflags='GASODIM' WHERE usrname='$usrname'");
if (!$result) {
    echo mysql_error()."\n";
    echo 'Flags could not be reset.  Check your dbconn.php 

file';
} else {
    mysql_close($dbconn);
    echo 'Flags restored';
}

?>

#6 03-06-2008 01:08:07

Waccoon
Administrator

Yup, that file is out of date.  The tools in the documentation folder might change occasionally to keep up with modifications to the board.  Here is the one you'll need, as it updates user ranks, not just flags:  flagrestore for v1.3.x

#7 03-06-2008 19:59:54

kinohi

Thank you!  Thank you!  A thousand times thank you!  ^_^

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB