NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 11-10-2007 13:52:12

Sadil

1.3.10 not installing properly?

I just tried to make a fresh install using the download from 1.3.10. I initially didn't change localhost to mysql as the host requires it (successfully installed different boards with that info before) so it said it couldn't connect. I changed that, and all I get is a blank page with the blue colours from the install page after hitting the install button.

Nothing really happened. The tables weren't created, and the index.php page said "Click here to run the installer". But when I went back to the install.php page, the text was gone.

I've installed 1.3.9 now since 1.3.10 doesn't include any feature updates, so it's fine. 1.3.9 installs wonderfully. Just wondering why this is caused. My friend who owns the site is hosted on Yahoo. Does it have something to do with Yahoo's PHP/MySQL or is there an error in the script?

Thanks. <3

Last edited by Sadil (11-10-2007 13:54:11)

#2 11-11-2007 03:56:20

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: 1.3.10 not installing properly?

The only thing different between the 1.3.9 and 1.3.10 installers is a bit of MySQL code, and the installer should print something on the screen long before that code is run.  The installer is also printing the interface, so it's obviously not a problem with the language file.  Your web browser might have incorrectly cached the information you typed in.  In general, hitting the "Back" button when submitting web forms can cause trouble, especially when a password field is involved.

I think it might have been a browser issue, and is very unlikely an issue with the installer or Yahoo.

Now, if only I could figure out what the problem is with the timer in the uploader.  hmm

#3 11-11-2007 08:43:47

Sadil

Re: 1.3.10 not installing properly?

Hmm.. I tried a second time shortly after posting this with yet again a fresh install, clearing the cache and all that jazz.

Same result.

Tried again this morning and it worked. yikes What the hell... Technology can be such a pain. -_-

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB