NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 10-05-2007 17:10:16

ivyadrena

IP Missing, Can't Ban

I'm running Wacintaki 1.3.9, and deleted a post by a new troll, only now when I go up to  "Recent IP / host" to add her to the banlist, it says "(last picture)" instead of the actual IP address. She only posted the once, so I can't go back and check anything previous. Is there still a way to ban her, or do I have to hope she stays away after I delete her account? (Will wait for reply before doing so.)

http://sakurachan.ivygardens.net

EDIT

Just dl'd the latest update, and I'm apparently missing these files:
./hosts.txt       Missing
./ips.txt     Missing
./notice.php     Missing

Last edited by ivyadrena (10-05-2007 17:19:46)

#2 10-08-2007 02:21:33

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: IP Missing, Can't Ban

IPs and hosts are recorded on comments and pictures, not accounts.  That's why the profile shows whether it retrieved the IP from a comment or a picture.  If there's no posts, then an IP doesn't exist.  To ban this member, you'll have to wait for another post to be made so you can get the IP/host.

In the meantime, you can edit that member's profile so he/she cannot draw pictures (take away the General flag).  That won't prevent them from re-registering under a new name or posting comments, but it will at least make it clear that the next step is a ban.

Wacintaki 1.4 will have a new ban system, so you'll be able to warn and ban people with a click, as well as tell which IP address belongs to which person in the ban list.  It's about time I rewrote the ban system, as well as the control panel.

As for the missing files, that shouldn't be a big deal.  When you edit the notice or ban list (so they aren't empty), those files should be created automatically.

#3 10-08-2007 16:55:37

ivyadrena

Waccoon wrote:

IPs and hosts are recorded on comments and pictures, not accounts.  That's why the profile shows whether it retrieved the IP from a comment or a picture.  If there's no posts, then an IP doesn't exist.  To ban this member, you'll have to wait for another post to be made so you can get the IP/host.

In the meantime, you can edit that member's profile so he/she cannot draw pictures (take away the General flag).  That won't prevent them from re-registering under a new name or posting comments, but it will at least make it clear that the next step is a ban.

Ah, okay. I'll do that in the future. Thanks. smile

Waccoon wrote:

Wacintaki 1.4 will have a new ban system, so you'll be able to warn and ban people with a click, as well as tell which IP address belongs to which person in the ban list.  It's about time I rewrote the ban system, as well as the control panel.

Ooh, that sounds good. Will that include an option to revert a posted picture to the Safety Save area if it doesn't comply with the rules (under the minimum time limit, posted instead of Safety Saved, etc), but not to the point that it needs to be deleted, or something to that effect? We have a couple artists on our board that draw extremely quickly, so something like that would be nice to have (instead of bumping an unfinished pic to the top of the list when I mark it as a WIP).

Waccoon wrote:

As for the missing files, that shouldn't be a big deal.  When you edit the notice or ban list (so they aren't empty), those files should be created automatically.

I have someone else's IP on my banlist already, and I've never seen those files before.

#4 10-10-2007 06:45:46

Waccoon
Administrator

We have a couple artists on our board that draw extremely quickly, so something like that would be nice to have (instead of bumping an unfinished pic to the top of the list when I mark it as a WIP).

When someone finishes a WIP, it's posted like a new picture and therefore gets bumped by default.  Seeing how some oekakis can get a dozen or more pictures a day, I thought it would be a bit harsh to leave pictures in their old slot.  There's not much incentive to finish them if they're buried a few pages back.

I have someone else's IP on my banlist already, and I've never seen those files before.

You're looking in the "resource" folder, right?  If there's something in the ban list, there has to be a file somewhere.  hmm

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB