NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-15-2007 22:14:12

Dreams

Can't Ban People

Hey ^^;

I've had this problem for a while, but I've ignored it... until now, when I'd really like to make sure someone is banned via their IP number.

When I enter anything into the ban list, IP or host, and hit 'edit', the page just refreshes and both panels are blank. So it's not saving my ban list... how can I fix this?

ips.txt and hosts.txt aren't locked or anything... and they were CHMOD'ed at 664, so I tried it with 775 too, but it didn't make a difference.

Thanks for any help.

#2 09-16-2007 04:43:06

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Can't Ban People

Yeah, this bug was from an earlier version of Wax because the file pointer was wrong.  If I remember correctly, you have a modified version of the board, so upgrading to a new version is probably not an option.

Anyway, if you open up the "functions.php" file and look for "Edit Ban List", you'll see all the file pointers.  The pointer $fp for fwrite() for the "hosts.txt" file was spelled $fp2, and the pointer $fp2 for fopen() for the "ips.txt" file was spelled $fd.

OekakiPoteto used a lot of different pointer names, and they got all messed up when I started messing with them.  Shame on me.  sad

Also, the oekaki link on your web site seems to point to a dead board.  Do you have your oekaki on another site?

#3 09-16-2007 17:39:01

Dreams

It's just temporarily down. "Crap" hit the fan, so to speak.

*gasp* I can now ban people! smile Thank you!

Yeah... shame on you, for being so smart that you can put together such a cool & complicated thing as an oekaki board for free and then mess up a couple letters. wink

Mmm, it says I have OP 5.5.11 - Wax Poteto Mod. So how *would* I upgrade, anyway?
Would I just be able to install a new system and then overwrite new files with old ones, like cpanel.php or whatever? (Or I probably don't know what I'm talking about, I'm used to upgrading my forum instead.)

#4 09-16-2007 22:15:57

Waccoon
Administrator

Updating is pretty easy.  First, download the 556 to 561 patch.  Everything in the "overwrite" folder gets uploaded to the server, overwriting any files that already exist.  The next time you visit the board, it will prompt you to run the updater.  The updater will finalize the update and then remove itself.

5.6.1 is a pretty big update, so you'll notice that thumbnails and page layout will be a bit different.  For the most part, it offers many Wacintaki features but keeps the familiar OP interface.  It also now includes a template editor... that actually works.  smile

#5 09-17-2007 14:06:33

Dreams

Thanks again!

I'll do this later when I'm not drawing flour sacks in Flash. ^_^

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB