NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 08-28-2007 16:01:41

deebee

PaintBBS animations

The animations for the PaintBBS application of Wacintaki are either not being created at all, or being created at only at 20KB with no real data inside.  I reset permissions a hundred different ways on the oekaki/ and "picture" folders with no effect.

http://www.cactusflyspray.com/oekaki/do … st_php.php

#2 08-29-2007 17:36:29

deebee

Re: PaintBBS animations

Oh.  You're approved now.

Huh.  The email address wasn't set, so it was turning off Automatic Approvals.

I couldn't get it to change in the Control Panel, even tho the config.php even was set as 777.  sad

#3 08-30-2007 03:43:56

Waccoon
Administrator

Strange... I had no trouble with animations.  Can you give me any more specifics about what's wrong?  Does it create corrupt animation files or is there no "View Animation" link showing up on the board?  Have other members reported issues with animations or picture submissions?  Do uploads work correctly?

Also, there was a problem with the control panel when 1.3.8 was released that required a hotfix.  This new cpanel should work properly:  cpanel.php

#4 08-30-2007 15:58:40

deebee

Weird.  For some reason it's working now.

I guess I'll chalk it up to crazy.

#5 09-05-2007 16:18:37

deebee

Well it's still not working. 

You can verify this on pic ids: 205, 204, 200, and 192

I don't know why I thought it was.  Maybe just because you said so.  Lol.  But after another artist made a pic - 192 - I realized that this wasn't just me.

I tested this in Firefox, AND IE.

There is no PCH file that's being generated.  You can make a picture, and it will generate normally.  However, the Animation file itself is not.  When I first noticed the problem, the first couple of PCH files were at 20kb each.  Now, no PCH files at all are being built.  Previous animations do work normally.

No one is complaining about it, because I think noone is noticing.

Uploads are working normally.

Thanks!

#6 09-06-2007 06:59:51

Waccoon
Administrator

I didn't have trouble creating an animation with my test picture.  Maybe the config setting for the maximum animation size got messed up?

Go into the control panel and make sure the "Maximum Animation Filesize" is set to something reasonably large.  It's in bytes, not killobytes, so something in the range of 500,000 to 1,000,000 (no commas) should be used.

If that's still not working, I'll have to make a modified paint save routine with some extra error logging to find out what is happening to the animation data.

#7 09-06-2007 15:58:56

deebee

Wow.  You were right.

Maximum Animation Filesize = 1000  roll

I set to 100000

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB