NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-02-2007 04:21:17

Waccoon
Administrator

Wax Poteto 5.6.0 - BETA

5.6 has been in development for quite a while, and a lot of things have been changed.  I've tested it pretty well, but I'm releasing it as beta for a few weeks just in case.  If anyone has a fairly small board, or wants to install a new board just to try it out, that would be a big help.  If I don't get a swarm of bug reports, it'll be officially released, soon.

5.6 shares a huge amount of code with Wacintaki, so not only does it run much better than it used to, but it'll be much easier to add new features as well.  Chances are, Wacintaki and Wax will be updated at the same time from now on, something I simply could not do in the past.

New installation:  wax-5.6.0.zip

Update for Wax 5.5.6 and newer:  556_to_560.zip

And now, for your viewing pleasure, the feature list.  Wax currently has some cool things that Wacintaki doesn't have.  Many of these features will be coming to Wacintaki within the next few weeks:

Code:

v5.6.0 - July 2, 2007

CHANGES:
    - A great deal of Wacintaki/Wax code and feature unification.
    - New sorting system prevents pictures from being deleted out-of-order.
    - New sorting also prevents picture counter from resetting.
    - Complete security rewrite, using Wacintaki-style admin ranks and bootstrap.
    - Applets now send data headers to prevent cookie/POST data conflicts.
    - Changed SQL password handling in cpanel, so wrong passwords are unlikely (web browsers remember and sometimes confuse passwords).
    - Fixed some cosmetic template issues (unstyled fields, uncolored text, etc.).
    - Revised mailbox policy so suspended members may read mail, but not send/reply.
    - Fixed ability to leave comments when registering (Wacintaki/Wax naming confusion).
    - Revised ban screen for low bandwidth.  None of the header menus work, anyway!
    - Finally cleaned up and fixed template editors.  They've been wonky for a while.
    - Added wrapper for mail() to resolve PHP mail return issue.
    - New "w_gpc()" function filters GPC better and obsoletes "slash_it()".
    - Cleaned up navigation links in mailbox.
    - Cleaned up "mode" and "action" processing in functions.php, and removed conflicts.
    - Profile links in memberlist.php are now url-encoded correctly.
    - Max upload filesize for animations is now processed properly.
    - Changing canvas size in PaintBBS will no longer redirect to NoteBBS.
    - Proper edit/retouch/animation support with PaintBBS.
    - Fixed possible HTML encoding issue with error.php.
    - Unified animation viewing code.
    - Cleaned up cookie usage.
    - Cleaned up control panel indentation and removed excess font tags.
    - Removed MySQL info from control panel.  Why it was ever there, I have no clue.  Use the MySQL tool in the documentation folder, instead.
    - Simplified installer to use mostly defaults, and highlight permanent information that cannot be changed in the cpanel.

FEATURES:
    - Support for multiple filetypes (PNG, GIF, JPG).
    - Proper upload support.
    - Better thumbnail support, with dynamic sizing.
    - New draw screen for selecting applet options.
    - Smilies (customize in hacks.php).
    - Adults Only flag in control panel, with age statement on registration screen.
    - There is now a proper size cap for uploaded pictures in the control panel.
    - Draw screen shows dynamicly sized preview image.
    - Option in ShiPainter to import canvas instead of animation (solves corrupt animation problems when retouching).
    - Resize button for paint applets.
    - Wacintaki-style memberlist shows admins seperately, as well as web sites.
    - Draw times are now shown as hours, minutes, and seconds.
    - Board now supports display of birthdays and automatically calculates age in member profiles.
    - Template editor considerably reworked and simplified.
    - New diagnostics page, accessable by owner only from main menu.
    - Wax now has a hacks.php file, like Wacintaki.  It allows advanced admin functionality and must be manually edited in a text editor.
    - DNS host lookup may be disabled in the hacks file.  Lookup may cause major page load delays on some servers.
    - New hacks setting for cookie domains.
    - New hacks setting for date formats.
    - New hacks setting to use CSS instead of size approximation for applet area (use with caution).

#2 07-06-2007 14:14:11

Dreams

Re: Wax Poteto 5.6.0 - BETA

I'm excited! You rock!

I'm going to install this version as a new board and check it out - I have another site I want a separate oekaki for. smile

#3 07-08-2007 14:07:41

Dreams

Everything seems to be working great! ^^

The only problem we're having (there's four members) is that the "vertical" option isn't working...
And about the smilies - where are they set? Would it be hard to upload additional ones and edit the "hotkeys", so to speak...? (Like how ":)" makes an emoticon show up, etc.)

Last edited by Dreams (07-08-2007 14:07:56)

#4 07-08-2007 15:36:43

Waccoon
Administrator

Yeah, the new thumbnail system almost never uses vertical layout on its own.  I'll fix the override so it always uses vertical layout even when a thumbnail is used.

I've also noticed that the board is putting too many slashes in front of quotes in the control panel options, so don't use quotes or double quotes in control panel settings until 5.6.0 final is released.

Smilies are configured in the "hacks.php" file, which has to be edited manually in something like Notepad.  At the bottom of the file, there's an array that contains the search and replacement strings.  Directions are located in that file, and you can add as many pairs as you want.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB