NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 01-24-2007 07:43:41

Sadil

Editing Smilies

Hey Waccoon,

I was wondering, how can we edit smileys alltogether? I noticed that just changing the hack.php file doesn't work one bit, nor does manually adding smileys into the comment page. An example;

Let's say I've a smiley file called smiley.gif. The default smiley for the oekaki is smile.gif. I can change the hacks file and edit the filename to smiley.gif, but on the comment page it still says smile.gif. I'm guessing smilies are handled outside the hacks file as well, since I can edit the code on the comment page to manually add the right smiley code (so smiley.gif is displayed), but when I submit the comment the script processes it as smile.gif regardless. The hacks file was also updated and had smiley.gif for that smiley.

I can't seem to find any other coding that handles smilies. Sfox tried to help me out but he didn't know either, just that you told him you need to change the hacks file to edit them.

#2 01-24-2007 16:53:40

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Editing Smilies

In the hacks file, did you change this line to "1"?

Code:

define ('USE_SMILE_HACK', 0);

This is set to 0 by default to speed things up.  You have to turn on the custom smilies, first.

The reason why this is all in the hacks file is to ensure that if you update the BBS, your smilies won't be lost (smilies are actually processed in "niftytoo.php").

You can actually add as many smilies as you like.  Just remember that the last array entry cannot have a comma at the end of the line, as specified in the hacks file.  For each line...

Code:

'{smileycode}' => '{imagename}',

...the {smileycode} is the actual code scanned by the board, which will be replaced by the {imagename}.  HTML characters are filtered automatically, so you don't have to wory about using &lgt; instead of <.

#3 01-24-2007 17:37:07

Sadil

Re: Editing Smilies

Ooooh. Now that makes sense! big_smile I didn't know that. xD Figures I missed the obvious. Thanks for the help. ^^

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB