NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 12-12-2006 11:51:25

bakaneko

:)

Okay. The oekaki is set up, and the members can draw and upload fine. big_smile Thanks so much, Waccoon!

There is just small things that we need help with.

For some reason, the member "Schmoogleh" can't access the site. It says "timed out" or something. She tried deleting her cookies but that didn't work.

Also, when we want to make new templates, we can't get a background image. It says we need to put the background files in the template directory, but how? |D

Thanks again. <3

EDIT: Now it can't connect to the MYSQL database. D:

Last edited by bakaneko (12-12-2006 11:54:38)

#2 12-13-2006 04:01:19

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: :)

Timeout errors are either a server or Internet thing.  If she can't see the site at all, and it's a recurring problem, she may have to visit the server during different hours, or just wait a day or two.  Or, it is that she can visit the board, but not login?

Template images must go in the "/templates" folder.  You need an FTP program to do that, so you can connect to your FunPic account.  I'm afraid template images can't be linked off-site, like the banner image or your old oekaki.

#3 12-13-2006 06:14:04

BakaN

She can't access the site at all. D:

Hm. I have an FTP program, but how would I then come about putting the image onto a template? |D

#4 12-13-2006 22:33:26

Waccoon
Administrator

Just to be safe, I reset all the templates and verified that the ban list doesn't have anything listed.  I was able to log in as Schmoogleh without any problems.  I think it's just her connection to the Internet.  sad

To use images in templates, you need to get yourself an FTP program.  A list of them is here: Wacintaki manual.  Once you have an FTP client, you need to create a profile and insert the information I sent you in that e-mail, with all your FunPic FTP information.  You should then be able to log into your account.  Upload images into the "/templates" folder.  Then, in the Wax Poteto template editor, just type in the name of the image you want to use in the appropriate field.  If you upload "background.png" into the templates folder, you would type "background.png" into the "Background Image" field of the template editor.

Without an FTP client, maintaining your oekaki board might be difficult.  It's a good idea to have one.

#5 12-14-2006 10:00:00

BNO

OKay, gotcha. The only problem now is that I didn't receive the e-mail. Could you try send it to cutegalsteph@hotmail.co.uk?

Please and thankyou. :3

#6 12-15-2006 03:10:54

Waccoon
Administrator

No problem.

#7 12-18-2006 14:35:49

BNO

Thanks so much, Waccoon!<333

I figured it out, and it's fine. big_smile

Board footer