NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 10-18-2006 16:18:46

bakaneko

Allmost there. :0

Well, I got this far.

bnoekaki.bn.funpic.org

But I can't figure out what's wrong. D|

#2 10-19-2006 03:10:39

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Allmost there. :0

Wrong database name, apparently.  The host, database username, and password all seem to be correct.

The actual database name should be shown in your FunPic user panel.  It should be similar to your FunPic username, but with a few numbers or other random characters tacked to the end.  A re-install would be required, because the database probably doesn't have the proper information in it (table structures and stuff).

While you're in the process of re-installing the board, I'd recommend moving the files down a couple levels.  Right now the path to your oekaki is http://bnoekaki.bn.funpic.org/Oekaki/oekaki/ and it should be just http://bnoekaki.bn.funpic.org .  From the Wax Poteto distribution, only the files within the "oekaki" folder should be copied to the server.  It's not a problem, it's just that the URL is longer than it needs to be.

#3 10-19-2006 14:04:17

bakaneko

Thankyuu. big_smile

How would I go about putting the database name in now? :0

#4 10-20-2006 02:20:41

Waccoon
Administrator

Since a connection to the database is being made, you can go into the Wax control panel and type in a new database name there, to see if it will work.  The "No database selected" error should go away.

Again, though, there will be critical stuff missing from the database, so once you know what the exact database information is supposed to be, you should re-install the board.  Just copy the installer back to the oekaki folder, and view it.  Scroll to the bottom and click "Click here to remove the database!"  After that, you may re-install as normal.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB