NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 08-31-2006 19:13:45

Nicole1725

A new problem...

I just got IM'ed by one of the users of my board having this error wile sending their picture

Could not write uploaded image. Check file permissions for picture #28.

Use your browser button to go back.

I checked all the drawing programs and got an error saying

Transfer error! Take a screenshot of your image before trying again.

SendE

no idea what could be causeing this

tried editing the boards notice to let people know and got this error

notice.php is locked! CHMOD the file so it is writable.

Last edited by Nicole1725 (08-31-2006 19:30:04)

#2 09-01-2006 04:34:28

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: A new problem...

Hmm... if both the pictures folder and the notice died at the same time, chances are your sysadmin did something to the server recently.  This is pretty unusual.

A file or folder is locked when it is not writable.  You'll just have to use an FTP program to change the permissions of the files and folders.

First, verify the permissions of the folders.  Do this by right-clicking on a file in the FTP window, and choosing "Change Permissions" or something similar.  The templates folder should be CHMOD to 775 in most cases.  If the avatars and pictures folders are set to 755, set them to 775.

The following files should be CHMOD to 664 (if they exist):  announce.php, banner.php, config.php, dbconn.php, hosts.txt, ips.txt, and notice.php.

If you can't change the numbers of the files, look in the Wax Poteto documentation folder for the script "reclaim.php".  Copy it to the oekaki folder on your server and run it (view it).

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB