NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 08-28-2006 14:49:20

sachiel

Permission Errors...and more? D:

Okay so...this is my first time installing Wax Poteto, and I followed the directions exactly.

But I keep getting errors whenever I try to change a template that I didn't make. I tried creating a new template, and I can edit that just fine, but...not the other ones. :[

Everything else that I posted about earlier pretty much worked itself out, or it turned out to be a CHMODing error.

So here's what I'm seeing when I try to edit templates that already exist:

Warning: fopen(templates/snowwhite.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/sachiel/public_html/oekaki/tedit.php on line 145

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/sachiel/public_html/oekaki/tedit.php on line 146

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/sachiel/public_html/oekaki/tedit.php on line 147

----------

So, can someone please help me? :[

Here's a link to my oekaki: http://www.magicide.net/oekaki

EDIT: Alright, I've finally got ALMOST everything working, except...I still can't edit existing templates. I can create new ones, which is okay I guess, but I'd still like to know why I can't edit my templates.

Last edited by sachiel (08-28-2006 17:07:49)

#2 08-29-2006 04:35:01

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Permission Errors...and more? D:

You have to CHMOD not only the templates folder, but everything *in* it.  Each template file must be writable for it to be edited.

Yes, UNIX is a genuine pain, sometimes.

#3 08-29-2006 09:27:20

sachiel

Re: Permission Errors...and more? D:

Ohhh, I see. :3

Thanks.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB