NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-18-2006 20:13:18

ajprivitt180

WHAT HAPPEND?!

This is my second oekaki by the way,

http://kcoekaki.kc.funpic.org/beginner/index.php

Can someone tell me why it says whatever it says? AND how can I fix it?! It doesn't even let me log in! -I'm not in the memberlist OMG-

#2 07-19-2006 06:34:37

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: WHAT HAPPEND?!

You may not want to hear this, but... it looks like you're in trouble.

There's two possibilities, here.  One, your sysadmin made a change to the database and it isn't connection correclty, anymore.  That's fixable.  Two, the database is empty.

If you have a control panel for your web server, log in, and look for a database tool called "phpMyAdmin" (most servers have this or some other database browsing tool).  See if you can connect to the database and check if there is any information in there.

If you're having trouble with this, download showdb, copy it to your oekaki folder, and run it.  It should show the name of your database.  We'll go from there.

#3 07-19-2006 12:54:18

ajprivitt180

Yeeaaahhh, I can get on the 'phpmyadmin' thingy...I think. Where do I go to do whatever you said I have to do?

#4 07-19-2006 12:58:43

ajprivitt180

By the way, on my FTP client (or whatever its called) I thought I deleted this 'live help' php thing (don't ask) but on the phpMyAdmin thing, it still has all the 'live help' junk. But its not on my Client.

EDIT: Nevermind, I just deleted it o_o

EDIT: And while I'm here, I made the advanced one xD

http://kcoekaki.kc.funpic.org/advanced/index.php

It does the same thing.

Last edited by ajprivitt180 (07-19-2006 14:58:34)

#5 07-19-2006 15:04:33

ajprivitt180

So far I have three boards, but I didn't want them to have the same user name profile thing or whatever, so I changed the po_ to go_ and the other one to ga_ I think. Does that matter? SHould I have made different databases? How do I do that?

#6 07-20-2006 03:58:07

Waccoon
Administrator

Oh, good.  For a while there I thought your database had been wiped out!

After the board has been installed, you can't change the database prefixes.  There is no easy was to split or join the memberlist between different boards.

The good news is, you can get your board working again by downloading the "dbconn.php" file for each oekaki board, and with a text editor like Notepad, changing the "$OekakiPoteto_MemberPrefix" value back to "op_".

When uploading the file back to the server, you may have to delete the original file on the server, upload the new one, and CHMOD it to 664.

If you decide to do that, make backups of the original dbconn files first!  If all else fails, e-mail me copies of the files and I'll change them.  Unfortunately, if the database info gets messed up, you can't use the Wacintaki control panel to fix it.

#7 07-20-2006 13:04:54

ajprivitt180

Sooo what your saying is that I open up dbconn and change both go_ s to po_ s THEN I upload it? If thats what you meant, I already did that and it still says the same thing o_0 if its NOT what you meant then I have no clue what you said...Can I just send you a file and you do your thing and we're all happy (for the most part) again??

If I CAN send it to you, can you tell me how? ^^* If it isn't TOO much trouble, can I send you the header file and if you know how to do that role over script thingy can you fix mine? I was 'trying' something and its all messed up -_-' THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME OUT WITH THE DATA THINGY!!

#8 07-21-2006 04:33:15

Waccoon
Administrator

You can send the files to my e-mail address.  I can't fix them unless I know exactly what prefix you used to install the board.

The default for both the member database and the main database is "op_".  Instead of "po_", try "op_".

If you forgot what the prefix is, you can find out by using a database tool such as phpMyAdmin, which is available somewhere on the FunPic site management area.  Once you're in that tool, look at the database, and each table should start with the prefix, such as "op_oekaki", "op_oekakidta", "op_oekakichat", and so on.

#9 07-22-2006 13:38:54

ajprivitt180

I sent you an email ^___^

#10 07-23-2006 15:48:18

copkid

I also need help on my oekaki, the same problem keeps occuring!

I keep making new ones and doing what the manual says but on the first one it had the some thing Ajprivitt108 had. so i made a new one an read the manual thoughrly and just wheni thought i fixed it, parts od the english did not show and on the installation, words were missing!!! BUT! there was less wrighting all over the oekaki, like on the top there waAS a database erroe or something, but the ones on the bottem were gone! ^_^;; but..... since half of the words on the oekaki dident exsist i deleted it!

SO! before i make a new oekaki, i was wondering if you could help me? Please?

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB