NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-22-2006 11:29:31

kiwiwolf

two questions

Hi there!

My oekaki board is http://oekaki.kiwiwolf.net

I'm currently a bit confused - I just updated it, and there seems to be something up with the avatars. The folders all work properly and avatars show, but for some reason text that should relate to it won't show as it should! On Administrate>Profile, the text on there is fine. But when you click the change button, the text for Current Avatar and Change don't show up. On the control panel, I get all the little forms related to them but not the text that tells me what these options are for! Any idea what the problem is?

Second of all, I noticed by looking back on this board that it is possible to change banners according to template - and without causing templates without screwing up templates that don't have them. However, my banners typically use different html. I use multiple images and tables to give it the effect of filling the screen - sometimes I change alignments or twiddle with other stuff... Is it possible to tweak that php to get it to use html instead of an image? Because my bright yellow banner just doesn't go with a blood red and grey template XD

Thanks~

#2 07-23-2006 06:42:18

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: two questions

Hmm...  I checked all the patch archives, and the files seem to be fine for printing the avatar instructions.  Try re-uploading the new "edit_avatar.php" and "english.php" files to their respective folders.

To have banners change with the templates, you have to do some PHP coding.  Copy and paste this several times into your banner.php file, changing the variable $the_name where appropriate:

Code:

<?
// Init
if (!empty ($row['templatesel']))
    $template = $row['templatesel'];

// --- Copy/paste this for each template
$the_name = 'classic';
if ($template == $the_name) {
?>
    <p>HTML goes here</p>
<?
}
// --- End copy/paste

?>

There are better ways to do this, of course, but this is the easiest if you don't know much about PHP.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB