NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-10-2006 01:48:50

Essai

Uploading old database

Hello, I've just installed Wax Poteto 5.5.10 on my server, and I've uploaded my old database (it was used with OekakiBBS version ? that was patched to Wax Poteto 5.5.6 I think...). Since I'm no MySQL expert I just deleted the tables from the fresh install and executed the old .sql backup in MySQL Query Browser, and ran the update.php file. It all seems to work fine, but I have an error diplayed at the top of the page that says; "Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /hsphere/local/home/helionn/helion-nova.net/oekaki/header.php on line 141"

And I am unable to change the template for the oekaki board, as well as the upload avatar function. When I try to upload an avatar a window pops up saying “Avatar” field missing in database! Please run the updater

So I run update.php and it says  "Latest version of Wax detected (5.5.6)

You may safely remove the updater."

So I delete the update.php file afterwards, but still the SQL error remains diplayed at the top of the page, and the template and avatars are still not working.

Here's a link to the oekaki board: http://helion-nova.net/oekaki

So, what should I do, to fix the problem? As I stated before, I'm no SQL expert whatsoever.

Thanks...

#2 07-10-2006 04:23:01

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Uploading old database

The hard way is to edit the config file and delete the $wax_cfg_ver variable, so the updater thinks you have an older version.  Why the database wasn't updated properly depends how you did the import.  If you made copies of your config files, that would do it.

The easy way is to run the script I'm sending to your e-mail address.  wink

#3 07-10-2006 12:32:12

Essai

Re: Uploading old database

That fixed it! Thanks bro! ^^

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB