NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 05-01-2006 03:21:04

Waccoon
Administrator

Wacintaki 1.3

Whoo, it's finally heresmile

If you have version 1.2.5 or 1.2.6, I highly recommend getting the mini patch, as it's easier to install than the regular patch, and the applets are still at their latest versions.

Take some time going through the new control panel, as there are a few important features that are set to their defaults after the update.  Public picture support, in particular, may be a bit troublesome for some admins if members go overboard editing each others' pictures, though I haven't noticed any real problems on my own oekaki.

Have fun, and feel free to clober me if something doesn't work right.  This is the last "real" release of Wacintaki, but I'll still make fixes for any bugs or compatibility issues that crop up.

#2 05-01-2006 06:22:08

sfox8

Re: Wacintaki 1.3

yay big_smile *been waiting for this forever* you've done a great job with your wax and wacintaki systems waccoon. congrats on finishing them ^^

#3 05-03-2006 10:22:43

PokéJungle

'Error
"avatar" field does not exist in database.

Close this Window'

I'm getting that error, and it's kinda frusterating.  The avatars was one of the features I most looked forward to.  Ran the updater script, if it matters.

++ Visit my Pokémon Oekaki ++

#4 05-04-2006 04:50:59

Waccoon
Administrator

Different versions of MySQL have been giving me trouble.  I've updated the archive with a new updater a couple days ago.  The updater is the file with the issue, so upload that file and run "update.php" again.

Speaking of which, does anyone know if MySQL 5 can be configured to use the "old" authorization style?  I've set up my "my.ini" file with the extra line "old-passwords", but it still refuses to let me use tools designed for MySQL 4.  It's really annoying, especailly since my favorite does-everything tool, MySQLcc, doesn't work, and has been discontinued!

#5 05-06-2006 17:54:44

PokéJungle

So I need to install all the files again?

Or just update.php?  Because I've already got my Oekaki patched to 1.3...

#6 05-06-2006 21:36:27

Waccoon
Administrator

No, just put the new update.php on the server and run it.  I don't have MySQL 4 on my machine anymore, but it should work.

#7 05-07-2006 00:36:46

PokéJungle

Worked perfectly!

I apperciate your help, and the avatar feature ;D

#8 05-19-2006 23:24:52

Ren

I have a little problem...right after i updated the board i noticed that Shi Painter's tool now don't have a name like they used to.
Instead of "tools""colour and mask" and whatnot i can only see "window 1, 2 3, etc." and right in front of Upload, Float, Redo, Undo etc. there's a "s" O_O
It's no big deal but i can't figure out what to do...sorry;_;

On the other hand the avatar and collaboration features are genial, i couldn't believe i saw them in there!^_^
Thanks for your hard work!

#9 05-21-2006 00:18:59

Waccoon
Administrator

That's odd.  Wacintaki uses the "full" ShiPainter distribution, with the included language files, but it looks like ShiPainter can't find the english language file.

Try clearing your browser cache and see if that clears up the issue.  If not, try re-uploading the "res.zip" file in the ShiPainter folder.

The "S" on the menubar detaches the menu so it can be dragged around, just like the palette.  Sometimes it doesn't work right, though.

#10 05-21-2006 23:31:59

Ren

I cleared my cache and also tried to re upload those files but it didn't work.
For the record, i had a little peek inside the res file and i can see the enslish file and all the tools have the right names, it's a mistey indeed XD

#11 05-29-2006 07:28:48

Sadil

I can't delete or reject members on my oekaki all of a sudden. When a new member registered and I manually reject them, they're still added to the database as an accepted member. I also can't seem to delete them using the "Delete user". I get no errors, it just doesn't do anything.

http://www.hakai.org

#12 05-29-2006 18:09:00

Waccoon
Administrator

That's strange.  Try this new functions file.  Maybe your version of PHP isn't  changing words to numbers correctly.

#13 05-30-2006 13:18:38

Sadil

That doesn't appear to be the problem... Is the delete function working properly otherwise on different boards? +Has no clue+

#14 05-31-2006 16:58:44

PokéJungle

I'm not having any problems, just like to say all my members love the new Community Paintings big_smile  Coloring contests now =P

Anyways, why the new 1.3.1 Who's Online file?  Was there something wrong in the last one?

#15 06-01-2006 06:13:21

Waccoon
Administrator

@Sadil:  Are you trying to delete anyone in particular?  I sure hope it's not another stupid apostrophes issue.

@PokéJungle:  The new one just doesn't refresh as often.  On the products page, click "Changelog" under the screenshot to get more detailed information on recent changes.

#16 06-01-2006 15:32:55

Sadil

I thought it was an apostrophe issue at first, but I realised that can't be it since it won't delete -anybody-, no matter who I choose.

I did update instead of doing a fresh install. You reckon I should try backing up my database and edited files, remove and then reinstall freshly to the newest version right away?

#17 06-02-2006 05:53:36

Waccoon
Administrator

No no...  not yet.

When you try to delete someone, it takes you to the part where it displays the name and e-mail, and prompts for "Delete?" and "Send Reason?", right?  In the url, you should see a number for the member, such as "usrname2=82".  Is the number there, or blank?

After you try to submit that form, it redirects you to the user delete screen, but the member is still in the list?

What bugs me is that a member's ID is used for the delete, not the name, so this can't be an apostrophes issue.  I'd like to know if the fucntions file is actually getting the ID at all, or if there's a database problem.

You wouldn't happen to know if you're using MySQL 5 as your database, or is it version 4?  MySQL 5 has been giving me a ton of problems -- there's quirks all over the place.

#18 06-02-2006 15:54:46

Sadil

Hmm... Seems like the issue resolved itself. o_o I've had some issues with my database that are still going on, and since the script is working now I'm assuming it was purely a database error.

Thanks for all the help though. ^^

Last edited by Sadil (06-02-2006 15:57:39)

#19 06-03-2006 15:16:48

xhii

Ren wrote:

right after i updated the board i noticed that Shi Painter's tool now don't have a name like they used to.
Instead of "tools""colour and mask" and whatnot i can only see "window 1, 2 3, etc." and right in front of Upload, Float, Redo, Undo etc. there's a "s" O_O

I've got the same problem, and as a matter of fact I had it a year ago too when I first installed Wacintaki 1.x (just didn't bother finding out how to fix it back then, as the board in question board was already dying). I couldn't find any language files in the res.zip or anywhere else in the wacpoteto-1.3.1.zip.  I just downloaded the files from the Japanese site though, but I've no idea where to place them and how. Any help would be extremely welcome.

(wanting to translate shi-painter to my native language, but can't do that without the languages working ;_;'.

#20 06-04-2006 04:43:18

Waccoon
Administrator

I'm looking into this, now.  The default brushes are pretty straightforward, but I haven't quite figured out how to change the languages.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB