NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 05-02-2006 08:37:45

Pinkie

Mass mail problem

After upgrading 2 boards to Wax 5.5.9 (one from 5.5.0, another from 5.5.8), both seem to have problem with mass O-mailing all members. All I get is a 'no mode' on a blank page after hitton submit. Also, I see no option for specifying who to mass mail, which you said would be avaliable in the laters version of WP. I'm sure this is something easy to fix though.

#2 05-03-2006 06:27:36

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Mass mail problem

D'OH.  Another packaging problem, because I forgot to update the file's version number.

I've got to get myself a real version control system.

massmail.php

#3 05-04-2006 12:50:46

Pinkie

Oh, also, another issue. On the upload, it allows JPG pictures to be upload i compression is on. The end result is the JPG thumnails being created but no PNG image is created. Either JPG uploads need to be disallowed or a PNG version need to be created in addition to the JPG thumbnail.

Also, I was wondering, can PHP count the amount of characters of a specific value? If so, what function would be used?

Last edited by Pinkie (05-04-2006 12:52:23)

#4 05-06-2006 05:53:41

Waccoon
Administrator

The PNG issue is something people will have to live with.  I was going to make Wax 5.6 use the same upload system as Wacintaki, but I eventually figured it wouldn't be worth the time.  Trust me, GDLib does a pretty lousy job of turning JPEGs into PNGs, and your bandwidth would skyrocket, anyway.

To count the characters in a string, use the strlen() function.  It will actually return the number of bytes, which is equal to the character count in almost all cases.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB