NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-28-2005 21:41:15

Nicole1725

Alot of problems....

Hi my oekaki has been having alot of problems since we updated to Wax Poteto 5.5.1

my oekaki http://nicole1725.pdunited.co.uk/oekaki/index.php

first the main prob was that alot of people couldnt draw in firefox and some other browsers I couldnt draw in firefox but could in internet explorer but I have problems sending my art it wont take me to the main page after sending the oekaki page sort of freezes this happened with shi painter I havnt tested paint bbs because of the next problem....

now I sort of made things worse I was messing with templates trying to fix something and now I am unable to log into my owner/admin account meaning I have no access to anything on the board at all LOL this is really really bad all I did was try to edit my profile WTF LOL I really really hope you can help me fix this problem and soon

it says

Access Denied: Your password is invalid, or you are still a pending member.

Use your browser button to go back.

I tried recovering my password but nothing happens....

if we can get thies things straightened out I have one more question for the upload access it wont allow animation uploads any way to change that

#2 09-29-2005 04:11:31

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Alot of problems....

Are you sure all the files were uploaded successfully?  The page numbers on a Wax board should have "Prev" and "Next" links to move from page to page, but they are missing on your board.  The menu rollovers are also not working correctly.  If the functions file wasn't replaced after the Wax update, pictures won't upload properly, either.  Make sure all the files have been overwritten.  Some FTP programs may mess this up, occasionally.

I did find a bug with the palette feature of PaintBBS that causes it not to work in FireFox (will be fixed in 5.5.2), but pictures should still send just fine.

To get your owner flag back, look in the documentation folder for a script named "flagrestore.php".  Edit the file, filling in the correct information, then upload it to the server and run it.  If you still have trouble logging in, try deleting all your web browser cookies.  In IE, this is "Tools -> Internet Options -> Delete Cookies".  In Firefox, this is "Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Cookies -> Clear".

Lemme know if this works or not.

Animation upload is something I could add, but there's no reliable way to tell the difference between PaintBBS animations and ShiPainter anims, which could result in a lot of broken uploads.  There's also no way to generate a preview.  I'll have to think about this.

#3 09-29-2005 04:47:36

Nicole1725

Thank you so much for the quick reply haha I was almost in tears when I couldnt log into my owner account *is verry wussy*

Well ya see what happened is I had a friend do it she hosts my board for me and is the only one with access to the FTP I supose some file must have not got installed correctly do to the FTP or something I will have her redownload the update and install it over again hopefully we wont have any more problems but I will get back to you after she updates and let you know if there are still problems or if everything is fine

I did notice that your version of shi painter does not have pallets the version I had on my board before did would it cause any trouble just reinstalling my old shi painter/shi pro seeing as we installed it seperatly to the board to begin with a long time ago

as for animations paint bbs is .pch and shi painter is .spch and oekaki bbs is .oeb the files are differant and I have never had any problems uploading them to places like Kelandry and Peachtea oekaki so hopefully if you can figure out a way to integrate animation uploads to the regular image upload feature that will be pretty helpfull to alot of people not pushing you to go out of your way just making a simple suggestion I don't like to be a bother to anyone

#4 09-29-2005 17:26:10

sfox8(too lazy to login)

big_smile i could probably work on one for you. I think Wacintaki has one doesnt it? o3o *will try to look at what wacintaki has* if i can find any way to do it i can email you =3

#5 09-29-2005 17:35:52

Nicole1725

Really that would be wonderful hehe if you can my e-mail is Nicole1725@hotmail.com I would deffinatly have to find some way to repay you for your kindness

#6 10-01-2005 06:01:11

Waccoon
Administrator

Unfortunately, OekakiPoteto saves all PCH animations with the .pch extension.  I have found a way to tell the difference between PaintBBS and ShiPainter anims, but it's not very reliable.  I don't know why programmers can't put a damned header on their file formats!

The anim upload feature on PeachTea asks you which applet was used to make the anim, so that's why uploads work.  I really would like something more automatic.

The palette system *should* work with ShiPainter, but I haven't ported it cause I suck.  Yet another thing for my to-do list.  smile

#7 10-01-2005 07:50:58

Nicole1725

ah I found the animation uploads simple on peachtea and kelandry guess I'm just use to them LOL

ah we are still having problems on my board Togepi doesnt know exactly how to do what yu explained about readmining me is there any way you can walk us through it

#8 10-01-2005 22:16:29

Waccoon
Administrator

The index page looks fine, now, and the rollovers are working properly.  However, nobody on the board has the owner flag.

Should you, "Nicole1725", be the owner?  "Togepi" has super-admin flags, though.  Let me know who is the owner of the board and I'll give you a patch to give that account the proper flags.  Editing your profile shouldn't erase flags like that.  If the problem continues after you get your owner flags back, let me know.

#9 10-02-2005 02:22:03

Nicole1725

Togepi made the board for me as an early birthday gift a couple months back so my account had the owner flag she is the only one with access to the FTP though because she hosts the actual site so the patch would go to her

We plan to test the profile editing tomarrow if I can get ahold of he on MSN so hopefully we arnt having the same problems with it but if we do I will be sure to let you know

#10 10-02-2005 22:35:52

Waccoon
Administrator

Oh, OK.  You can actually run the "flagrestore" script twice so you both have the owner flag.  That way, you can access the control panel to change how the board works.  The board won't complain if there's more than one owner.

#11 10-03-2005 22:06:10

Nicole1725

ok I let her know and told her to check this forum

it seems right now other than not having the ownership flag things seem to be working fine I was able to get my admin powers restored after she reupdated the board and now I am able to draw in firefox again I don't think she installed my shi painter this time though argh.... haha maybe I can pester her to replace your one on there now with the one I like

Last edited by Nicole1725 (10-03-2005 22:07:48)

#12 01-15-2006 12:22:18

Nicole1725

I'm still having some problems with the board

I still cant send with internet explorer I just get a white page and always have to recover my images every time I'm not the only one having this problem

also pallets don't work in firefox at all which is why i am forced to use internet explorer

shi painter still has no pallets is there any way to get a version installed with them and not get errors

also my board wont let me up the amount of images allowed it seems screwy like the actual number on the page isnt the same number as the picture...

also am wondering if and when we will be able to upload actual animations to the boards

thats about it

#13 01-15-2006 12:50:11

sfox8

^^ it seems you've been having a lot of problems with the board ^^; my suggestion would be to install the most recent version of wax. http://ninechime.com/products/ and then you can transfer over all of your members and pictures by backing up your database and using the mbackup that's on the products page ^^ it should fix the problems. since im not the creator of wax, i would wait for waccoon's reply first but that's my suggestion ^^

#14 01-15-2006 19:09:43

Waccoon
Administrator

I still cant send with internet explorer I just get a white page and always have to recover my images every time I'm not the only one having this problem

Do you have access to the PHP log?  When submitting pictures, errors are forwarded to the log instead of printed to the screen.

also pallets don't work in firefox at all which is why i am forced to use internet explorer

I broke the pallet system in 5.5.0 for Firefox and Opera.  It is fixed in 5.5.2.

shi painter still has no pallets is there any way to get a version installed with them and not get errors

I've been lazy about that.  I'm working on it for 5.5.4.

also my board wont let me up the amount of images allowed it seems screwy like the actual number on the page isnt the same number as the picture...

Wax displays the numbers differently from OekakiPoteto.  The image numbers will rotate, but the total pictures posted to the board will increment permanently.  This is because OekakiPoteto has sync issues with archived pictures, and things can all get screwed up, anyway.

A major problem is that when increasing the number of pictuers a board can store, the board will still still overwrite old pictures.  Fixing this isn't that easy, as it is a design flaw in OekakiPoteto.

I'll be fixing this issue correctly with Wacintaki 1.3 and Wax 5.6, so pictures are sorted by the date they are added (or bumped), rather than the order they are inserted into the database.

also am wondering if and when we will be able to upload actual animations to the boards

This probably won't show up until v5.6.  I've got other things I want to fix, first.

For now, what you want is the 5.5.3 patch.

#15 01-15-2006 23:10:54

Nicole1725

I don't have access to anything but the owner/admin controles I will have Togepi update the board at least if it fixed the roblem with firefox thats good enough for me *hates IE* haha

I really wish I could make it up to you guys for the help and quick replies I will deffinatly try to keep up to date with new updates so hopefully we wont have anything to complain about anymore

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB