NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 05-06-2012 21:33:41

rtil

chibipaint: Error while sending the oekaki...Error: Unexpected answer

hi waccoon! first i just wanted to say thank you for this great piece of free software. i'm currently integrating it with SMF and making some minor changes here and there.

before i dive into this, i have gotten shipainter working perfectly so far. now i am moving onto chibipaint and i'm a bit stuck. this error comes from the applet and it is a little vague so i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong.

all i get from the console is this when trying to submit a picture:
network: Connecting http://www.thebackalleys.com:80/ with proxy=DIRECT
Error while sending the oekaki...Error: Unexpected answer from the server

i installed a 2nd, clean version of wacintaki on my site and used chibipaint and got it to save just fine. so i think it's something i did. if it helps, i dont use $OekakiU and $OekakiPass. $OekakiU is replace with the user ID from their forum account using smf's SSI variable $context, and $OekakiPass is always blank because of this (it's session based).

does chibipaint expect something from those two variables that might be causing this? I can provide the source if you think it'd help. i think the problem is coming from chibipaintget.php

Last edited by rtil (05-06-2012 21:48:58)

#2 05-07-2012 01:48:14

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: chibipaint: Error while sending the oekaki...Error: Unexpected answer

This error is coming from ChibiPaint itself as it tries to send data to the server, and is not based on a return code from chibipaintget.php.

My first impression was that your host has file uploads disabled for Java, which is common with free hosts.  Basically, they whitelist only web browsers, so apps and scripting languages cannot upload files.  ShiPainter is not affected, because it uses an obsolete (and bad) method to upload data.

However, if a "clean" install of Wacintaki has no issues, more likely it's the way you set up the ChibiPaint applet parameters.

A stock install of Wackintaki uses this parameter:

Code:

<param name="postUrl" value="chibipaintget.php?mode=norm&amp;edittimes=1336370728&amp;uid=1&amp;vcode=Asabc123def456" />

First, each one of these values (mode, edittimes, uid, and vcode) are all required.  Make sure none are missing.  You can add values, but make sure they are properly separated with ampersands and semicolons.

Second, each ampersand ("&") must be HTML encoded as ("&amp;").  If you forget to encode it, or especially if you mix encodings, this may confuse the server.

If you're adding or changing values to the "postUrl" parameter, post your changes here so I can take a look.  Don't post your PHP code, but the actual parameter sent to the web browser (use the "view source" option in your web browser).

I find it curious that a clean install works but a modified install doesn't.  If there were an error in the "postUrl" parameter, Wacintaki should be complaining about that, not Java or the server.

#3 05-07-2012 02:50:06

rtil

my parameters look like this

Code:

<param name="postUrl" value="chibipaintget.php?mode=anim&amp;edittimes=1336375997&amp;uid=1&amp;vcode=" />

is it ok that vcode is blank? i tried putting in a dummy value and i still got the same problem.

#4 05-07-2012 03:10:43

rtil

also, does noteBBS.php function in a similar way? that one takes me to comment.php, but the image is never actually saved in /pictures/, and it just shows me the image that was made last.

#5 05-08-2012 05:40:17

Waccoon
Administrator

Huh.  Well, this is kind of troubling.  So, you're saying that if you do a "stock" install of Wacintaki, pictures will submit just fine with both ShiPainter and ChibiPaint.  However, when you're using your modified version of the board, ChibiPaint complains about an unexpected error from the server, and ShiPainter will redirect to "comment.php", but once there, you'll see the previous picture.

I'm guessing there's something wrong with the files that collect the picture data, "chibipaintget.php", "paintbbsget.php" and "shiget.php".  If you're willing to package those files into an archive and e-mail them to me, I'll take a look.  My e-mail is waccoon@ninechime.com

What you need to keep in mind is that the applets need a response code from the collection scripts, and that response code must be transmit with either the "print_ok()" or "quiet_exit()" functions.  Sending any other responses will confuse the applets.  If your modified versions of the collection scripts are throwing PHP errors, you won't see in the web browser because the errors are being sent directly to the Java applets.  The applets don't know what to do with those errors so ChibiPaint will complain, and ShiPainter will ignore the errors entirely and forward to "comment.php".

#6 05-08-2012 05:42:08

rtil

no shipainter is working fine. it's chibipaint and paintbbs that is doing the comment.php problem.

i'm still having issues with this and can't figure out why, i will send you the files. thanks.

#7 05-08-2012 05:44:57

Waccoon
Administrator

PaintBBS uses the same transmission method (the bad way) as ShiPainter.  This leads me to believe that "paintbbsget.php" is broken, but "shiget.php" is working fine.  So, yeah, I'd check your scripts carefully because it seems to me that there might be a typo somewhere.

#8 05-08-2012 05:48:51

rtil

you're probably right. i sent you the files. thanks

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB