NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 04-24-2012 13:18:59

arisidhe

Input too large! errors

I've recently run into a bunch of problems with "Input too large!" errors when I've been trying to use my oekaki board arisidhe.site88.net/oekaki

Most times when I draw an image (only 500x500) and finish and submit it, I'll be taken to the next page where I can add in a picture description, but when I make the final submit it'll give me an "input too large!  Use your browser button to go back." error.  For the most part this hasn't been a huge problem for me, because I can just find my picture in the recovery and bring it back that way.  When I retouch I also tend to get this error, but the retouch changes always still go into effect on a refresh or two.
However, recently I tried uploading a 800x600 <200 KB file to work on and the "input too large" error shows up; but then I can't get the picture out of recovery so I don't know what to do about this. 

I've double-checked my board settings and set the upload/file limits to absurdly large values, so I don't know why this is happening...
This is a fairly recent problem that I never had with my board up until about a month ago... any idea what might be causing this, Wac?

#2 04-24-2012 21:59:10

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Input too large! errors

There's a few things that can cause this, but most likely the picture title has too many letters in it.  Try writing a shorter title name.  Comment length is also limited, but that would have to be really long to trigger this error.

I'll update the code to allow for (slightly) longer titles, as well as giving more specific messages.

#3 04-27-2012 10:50:00

arisidhe

Uhm, really?  I haven't been giving the images long titles, though--they were actually something like "1950-1" and such.  hmm  And I still get "input too large!" errors on retouch...

#4 04-27-2012 14:38:55

Waccoon
Administrator

That's odd.  The only point in the code that returns that error is if the the guest name, picture title, or picture comment is too long.  The filesize of the picture is irrelevant.

I'll have to hack up some kind of fix for you to see why so much information is trying to go through.  I'm heading out the door for the weekend, but I should be able to get something done by Sunday afternoon.  Sorry I can't get anything done at the moment.

#5 04-27-2012 21:19:50

arisidhe

That's fine Wac, take your time!

Another (unrelated) issue that's popped up on an oekaki board of mine, also using wax poteto: http://puu.sh/rFRn
Any idea what's going on, Wac?  o:

Thanks again for all of your help and support--you're great!

#6 04-28-2012 23:26:46

Waccoon
Administrator

Yup, I'm still at my uncle's house, but I should be back by Sunday night.

I recall I had to update Wacintaki to comply with some changes to MySQL 5.5, but I haven't updated Wax Poteto yet.  This is an easy fix, so I think it's about time I released a minor update for Wax.  While I'm not adding any features to Wax anymore, I will still release compatibility updates.

#7 05-02-2012 04:28:01

Waccoon
Administrator

Sorry for the wait.  Try this new functions file.  It will give more specific messages so we can track down what is triggering the error:  functions.php

As for the database errors, there is either something wrong with the oekaki database (the comments table is missing or corrupt), or your hosting service is having trouble with their database.  What I'm seeing on your board now is different than what was in the screenshot you sent me, so I'm guessing the host's database connection is flaky.  I could give you another modified database file to get more information on what's causing the problem, but I find it likely that there's not much we can do except wait to see if the problem clears up after a few more days.

#8 05-03-2012 18:04:41

arisidhe

Okay Wac, so I uploaded the new functions file and tested it.  Here's the error I got:

Your picture title is too long (6: 1950-2)

Use your browser button to go back.

Where the title I used for the picture was 1950-2
I'm guessing there's some weird bug in here relating to using numbers in the title rather than alphabetical letters?  Longer titles seem to work just fine.  I tried uploading a large-ish file and that uploaded just fine, too.  Either way, hopefully this problem isn't a big deal/won't show up again? 

As for the other oekaki board http://talesof.site50.net/oekaki/
Yeah, something seems broken in the mySQL database.  I took a peek in it and I can't enter the comments table/folder, it says it's in use: http://puu.sh/sMUR
Really nothing better to do than to just wait it out?  Should I contact the hosting service about this? 

Thanks again for all of your help!

#9 05-04-2012 07:33:04

Waccoon
Administrator

Okay, I found the problem.  Indeed, if there's only numbers or mostly numbers in the picture title, it will trip one of the hacking filters.  As soon as I saw that picture title you chose, I knew what was wrong right away.

Here's the new 5.8.8 patch: 5.8.8 patch for 5.8.7

As for the SQL table that's "in use", that's definitely a server issue.  In your account control panel, there might be a feature in the database section that allows you to do a database check or repair.  If you see that option, use it, and then see if the SQL table is still in use (locked).  If the table is still in use, then you'll have to contact the hosting service and ask them to unlock it.  There's no code in Wax that locks the table, so I'm a bit curious as to how that happened.

#10 05-04-2012 10:27:35

arisidhe

Thanks for the patch, Wac!

For the broken database/mySQL... I can't seem to find any kind of database repair.  sad  http://puu.sh/sTgW  http://puu.sh/sTgQ 
The "one-click database restore" option just lets you re-upload your saved database to fix it, but I don't think that that's what I want here...

I'll definitely try to send them a request to help, though to be honest they haven't been very useful in the past... I really hope this problem gets fixed on its own or something!  sad

#11 05-05-2012 04:20:43

Waccoon
Administrator

Try this: under "Software / Services", click the "MySQL" icon.  On the next screen, check to see if there are two buttons, "Check DB" and "Repair DB".

Your server appears to be running CPanel, which is a very popular account management tool, and the same system my server uses.

(Snapshot)

#12 05-05-2012 09:57:34

arisidhe

when I click under MySQL it only lists my databases and gives me the option to delete them/create new ones I believe, but the problem has suddenly fixed itself, so all is good!  Thanks again for all your help, Wac!  smile

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB