NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 12-04-2011 19:38:17

Zeruda

Oekaki randomly not working.

Hi!

I have received a complaint that users can not get the applets to run. This happened just today I think because the most recent picture was from this afternoon. With any applet, it receives an error. Here is the one from trying use ShiPainter. A similar error occurs for other applets. All users are experiencing this. I am using 1.5.9 and have not made any edits to the entire site today.

Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29
Using JRE version 1.6.0_29-b11 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\Zeruda
----------------------------------------------------
c:   clear console window
f:   finalize objects on finalization queue
g:   garbage collect
h:   display this help message
l:   dump classloader list
m:   print memory usage
o:   trigger logging
q:   hide console
r:   reload policy configuration
s:   dump system and deployment properties
t:   dump thread list
v:   dump thread stack
x:   clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------

load: class c.ShiPainter.class not found.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: c.ShiPainter.class
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Exception: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: c.ShiPainter.class

#2 12-06-2011 08:19:08

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Oekaki randomly not working.

Sorry for the wait.  I've been doing some anti-spam stuff for the forum.

I'll probably need a link to the board to have a better idea of what's going on.  This kind of thing is common if a host has disabled the ability to download JAR files or if there is a permission problem, but if you haven't changed anything on the server recently, then you shouldn't be having a problem.

Try downloading one of the applet JAR files directly and see if it returns a 403 Forbidden or 404 Not Found error.
http://www.youroekaki.com/PaintBBS.jar

#3 12-06-2011 15:21:31

Zeruda

http://www.knightsofhyrule.org/draw

That's board URL. I can have access to download the JAR files. ChibiPaint works for me, but nothing else. I double checked file and folder permissions, and everything is fine there. I checked my own Java to make sure it is up to date. There is a Java 7 available, but only for developers, so it says mine is fine how it is.

#4 12-07-2011 05:10:05

Waccoon
Administrator

Wow.  I can't get anything to work at all on my computer, though the applet files seem to be fine (the JAR file is not corrupt).

When Java tries to load the applet, it doesn't just return an error, but it completely locks up Java and won't let me close Firefox.

There's something really weird going on with your server that's confusing Java.  I have to go now, but tomorrow I'll take a closer look at how your server is sending HTTP headers and some other technical stuff to see what I can find.

#5 12-07-2011 16:35:55

Zeruda

Okay, I'd really appreciate that. I will check back tomorrow. smile

#6 12-08-2011 06:31:06

Waccoon
Administrator

Huh... I'm not finding out much.

It's possible that your server prevents anything other than a web browser to access files.  The server might allow HTTP user agents like Firefox, IE, Chrome, etc., but may not allow Java or Flash.  Some servers do this, and you might need to ask your web host about it.  Something is keeping Java from reading the JAR files, while allowing web browsers to access them just fine.

BTW, is this free hosting or paid hosting?  If it's free, that might be why they disabled Java as an allowed user agent.  If it's paid hosting, definitely contact the host and see what they have to say.

If you can't contact your host or if it's a free hosting site, there's a few things that you can try.

First, if you have an anti-leeching system in place, disable it.  If HTTP referrers are required to access files, then Java might not work.

The second thing to try is to disable the redirects.  I noticed that while trying to access folders directly (the pictures and resource folders), that I would be immediately redirected to the main oekaki page again (and without the "www" prefix).  The templates folder does not do this, and gives me some kind of custom 403/404 error.  If the redirects are caused by an index file, I doubt that would cause a problem.  If the redirects are handled by your server's control panel, or by an .htaccess config file, try disabling that.

If that doesn't work, try messing with the file permissions of the JAR files.  Add the execute bit for owner and group permissions (754) and if that doesn't work, try 775.  Perhaps the execute bit will override the user agent block list.

#7 12-08-2011 13:07:03

Zeruda

Hmm... It is paid hosting and we never had this problem before. I removed the redirect which was just custom redirect in each folder. Before I try to contact my host, can I PM you our .htaccess? We only changed root .htaccess and it seemed to work fine after the change up until the other day. Maybe you can look at it? Please let me know. :>

#8 12-11-2011 07:25:00

Waccoon
Administrator

If this is paid hosting, you shouldn't have a problem.

Sure, I'll take a look.  The htaccess file can change a lot of things about how the server works.  Send the file to me in my email.  Due to my sluggish replies, I'll send you an e-mail, though.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB