NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-06-2009 12:17:09

arisidhe

Setting up an Oekaki Board

Hello, sorry to bother you, but here's another request from a hopelessly computer-illiterate individual trying to set up an oekaki board. 
So, I've tried following the instructions to establish an oekaki board.  I'm using x10 hosting, but if anyone could suggest to me a simpler/easier free hosting site, I'd be happy to switch over and re-upload/re-do everything, if it'd be easier for someone to guide me through.  So far, I've created a mySQL database named oekaki.  I don't know if I was supposed to upload my files somehow inside of the database; I couldn't find the option to do so.  Screencap
So I uploaded all the files as directed using the site's file manager, and gave them the permissions.  Screencap  Now, the problem is, I don't know how to access my files/view my board.  I've tried typing in a variety of things, and clicking on the "index.html" file, but nothing's led me to the right page for installation. 
Can anyone point out to me all the things I'm doing wrong, and how to fix it?  I'm really, really computer-illiterate, so I'm sorry in advance for my lack of understanding on these issues.  I'll try to provide more info if you need it. 
Thanks!

#2 09-06-2009 18:09:19

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Setting up an Oekaki Board

The files have to be uploaded into the folder "public_html", not "public_ftp".  When enabled, public FTP allows anonymous people to log into your server and download files via FTP.  They won't be visible in a web browser (via HTTP).

So, just move all the files to the "public_html" folder, check the file permissions, and the installer should be the first thing to show up in your web browser.  From there, you just have to make sure the database connection information is correct, and the installer will automatically set up the database.

The only tricky part is that some databases require the account prefix, and some don't.  So, when typing the database name into the installer, is should be "arisidhe_oekaki", but it might actually be "oekaki".  So, try it with the "arisidhe_" prefix first, and if that doesn't work, try getting rid of it.  If the installer fails the first time, you can just run it again.  There's no need to delete any files or destroy the database to start over.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB