NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 08-30-2008 17:56:47

Zector

Moving posts between Oekaki

I've got two Oekaki boards on the same server
I was wondering if there is a way to take individual oekaki posts and move them from one board to the other along with all the comments.
The reason for this is that I recently created the second board to separate sketchy art work from the more complete artwork.
I'd like to be able to move all the old incomplete drawings over to the other board somehow.

Any help would be most appreciated.

The Oekaki page is really meant for me and some of my close personal friends. Though if anyone is curious the page is http://oekaki.chaohq.com

#2 08-30-2008 21:59:16

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Moving posts between Oekaki

I'm afraid there is no direct way to do this.  Support for multiple boards has always been poor, and there is no easy way to fix this.

#3 08-30-2008 22:03:27

Zector

I know there's no direct way, but is there any known indirect way?
Perhaps modifying some files? or moving entries in the MYsql databases?
I'll give it a shot when I'm home.

#4 08-31-2008 06:04:38

Waccoon
Administrator

I'll see if I can write a tool to import/export comment data.

The trouble is, you have to move pictures from one folder to another manually, and that can lead to some permission problems if it's not done correctly.  Problems, as in, PHP might not be able to write to the slots if people want to edit their pictures.  It's actually the images and path problems that discouraged me from trying to make an import/export option in the past.  Handling the post and comment data is a snap.

If you're using a database tool, there's no way to do it without writing down a whole lot of numbers, so I wouldn't suggest trying to do it manually.

#5 08-31-2008 14:25:04

Zector

Oh well, it was worth asking and giving a try.

Thanks for the quick response. The software works great and my friends love the Oekaki.
Everything is much appreciated. Thanks big_smile

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB