NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 06-16-2008 18:21:33

shrl

Password Recovery

Hi,

I was the only super administrator for the oekaki I made, but after editing my profile I was logged out and couldn't log back in again. I tried to recover my password, and it worked until I got the email and clicked the link to change it, where I got some kind of 404 message.
I've tried it several times but it never works, i'm wondering is there any other way that I'll be able to log back in?

#2 06-17-2008 01:19:55

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Password Recovery

Try a blank password, or a space or two as your password.  Wax versions before 1.6.4 had a bug where the profile editor might blank out the password if there was a space (as opposed to nothing) in the password field.

Once you've logged in, use this script to reset your password:  fix_blank_pass.zip
The old profile editor doesn't allow you to change your password if it is blank

#3 06-17-2008 05:31:47

shrl

Waccoon wrote:

Try a blank password, or a space or two as your password.  Wax versions before 1.6.4 had a bug where the profile editor might blank out the password if there was a space (as opposed to nothing) in the password field.

This also doesn't work :< Is there anything else I can try?

#4 06-17-2008 07:06:33

Waccoon
Administrator

Well, I was hoping the easy way would work.

What you need to do is download this file, open it up into a text editor like Notepad, and change the default name and password to your username and new password.  Then upload and run it:  recover_pass.zip

You may have to clear your browser cookies before you can log in again, but you might not, so try logging in, first.

If you have trouble editing the file, just e-mail me your name and new password and I'll fix it for you.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB