NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 03-30-2008 05:29:04

Knuckles

Errors: tnewa.php and PaintBBS

Hello ^^
I was first browsing throught the forums but couldn't find what i was looking for.
First, if i want to edit my template and i want to go advanced, follow error occurs:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ';' in /home/chibifa/public_html/oekaki/tnewa.php on line 17

<?php
/*
OekakiPoteto 5.x ©Copyright 2000-2002 RanmaGuy (Theo Chakkapark, http://suteki.nu) and Marcello Bastéa-Forte (http://marcello.cellosoft.com). Modification to the files are permitted as long as my name remains on the files.

Wax Poteto by Marc "Waccoon" Leveille, http://www.NineChime.com/products/
Version 5.5.6 - Last modified 3/13/2006
*/

include_once('globals.php');

if ($Save == 'Save') {
    if ($filename != '') {
        $fp = fopen ("templates/".$filename.".php", 'w');
        fwrite($fp,"<? \n\nif(\$edittemplate == \"edit\"){\nheader(\"Location: tedita.php?filename=\".\$filename); \nexit;\n}\n\$tnotes=\"".$tnotes."\";\n\$filename=\"".$filename."\"; \n\$hCellPadding=\"".$hCellPadding."\"; \n\$hWidth=\"".$hWidth."\"; \n\$cCellPadding=\"".$cCellPadding."\"; \n\$cWidth=\"".$cWidth."\"; \n\n\$avisited=\"".$avisited."\"; \n\$ahover=\"".$ahover."\"; \n\$alink=\"".$alink."\"; \n\$aactive=\"".$aactive."\"; \n\$dStamp=\"".$dStamp."\"; \n\n\$additonal=\"".$additional."\"; \n\n\$menubar=\"".$menubar."\"; \n\n\$submenu=\"".$submenu."\"; \n\n\$header=\"".$header."\"; \n\n\$txtinput=\"".$txtinput."\"; \n\n\$submitbtn=\"".$submitbtn."\"; \n\n\$infotable=\"".$infotable."\"; \n\n\$footertable=\"".$footertable."\"; \n\n\$multiline=\"".$multiline."\"; \n\n\$body=\"".$body."\"; \n\n\$teditmode=\"1\"; ?> \n\n <style type=\"text/css\"> \n\n<!--\n\nA:visited {<?=\$avisited?>} \nA:hover {<?=\$ahover?>} \nA:link {<?=\$alink?>} \nA:active {<?=\$aactive?>} \n\n.menubar {<?=\$menubar?>} \n\n.submenu {<?=\$submenu?>} \n\n.header {<?=\$header?>} \n\n.txtinput {<?=\$txtinput?>} \n\n.submit {<?=\$submitbtn?> } \n\n.infotable {<?=\$infotable?> } \n\n.footertable { <?=\$footertable?> } \n\n.multiline {<?=\$multiline?>} \n\nbody {<?=\$body?>} \n\n.commenttitle { <?=\$commenttitle?> } \n\n.commentpost { <?=\$commentpost?>} \n\n-->\n</style>");
    fclose($fp);

all_done('tdesign.php';
    }
}

I don't know much about php and i have no idea what to change to make it working *sob*

The other thing is, i removed the old templates and made my own... but i think i made a mistake somewhere, because i can't see the 'send-button' anymore in my paintbbs *drop*
The others are working fine, i have just trouble with ma paintbbs.
The link to my oekaki: http://www.oekaki.ashen-rain.ch

#2 04-01-2008 04:14:44

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Errors: tnewa.php and PaintBBS

First, I'd recommend updating to Wax 5.6.3 (the "Patch for 5.5.6 and newer" is the one you need).  It has an updated template editor that doesn't do a lot of stupid stuff like the old one did, particularly with quotes, and creating new templates is a lot easier.

As for the syntax error, the last line is missing a parenthesis.  That's kind of odd, but it wouldn't surprise me if the 5.5.x editor had been broken for a while.  I hardly ever looked at that code until I rewrote most of it for version 5.6.0.  The quick fix is:

Code:

all_done('tdesign.php';

CHANGE TO:

all_done('tdesign.php');

As for the paint applet not working, did you recently try to upgrade to a newer version of Wax?  When I try to access "paintBBS.php", it tells me that it can't find "boot.php", but that file wasn't added to Wax until version 5.6.  Try applying the 5.6.3 update from the link above.  That will ensure that all the files are of the correct version.  There's other patch files on the products page, but those may not work properly with your current version (5.5.13).

Also, it's a good idea to put the hash symbol ("#") in front of color codes, such as #00A080.  There also need to be quotes around font-family declarations that have spaces between words (font-family: "Arial Narrow", sans-serif;), but I don't think the old template editor does that right.  The new template editor does.

#3 04-03-2008 15:24:25

Knuckles

thanks for the support, template edit works now ^__^

But, PaintBBS still shows up with a black background. And i added a # before all color codes..

Last edited by Knuckles (04-03-2008 15:29:23)

#4 04-05-2008 06:53:06

Waccoon
Administrator

OK, I see the paintBBS script is now working properly.  I'll register to see what is causing the black background.

#5 04-05-2008 16:28:24

Waccoon
Administrator

Hmm... it looks normal to me.  Are you talking about the OekakiBBS applet?  That applet normally has a black border compared to PaintBBS and ShiPainter, because it was programmed by a different person.  You can change that by altering the "backC" applet parameter in "oekakiBBS.php".  Note that that color code should not have a hash (#) in front.

If you're having a problem running the applet, such as a blank screen or a default canvas that is a color other than white, try posting a screenshot, clearing your web browser cache, or hitting the Reload button on your browser a few times (to re-cache the page).

#6 04-06-2008 04:33:58

Knuckles

OekakiBBS works more than fine to me....
Look, PaintBBS looks like that and this just can't be i can't see the send-button ~_~
http://www.ashen-rain.ch/screenshot.JPG
I went through the color stuff and have no idea what to change to make it look 'normal'
And i can't make the thumbnails smaller anymore... or i've just become completely stupid now. I'm frustrated *sob*

#7 04-06-2008 07:49:16

Waccoon
Administrator

Whoa... I don't think this is your fault.  It's certainly not a problem with the template system.

The thing is, the applet looks just fine on my computer, and chances are it looks fine for everyone else, too.  This is probably an issue with your computer.

When you hit the "Resize" button under the applet, does that work?

I recall there was a problem with ATI's video drivers that caused Java applets to show up blank, or mostly blank.  I had that problem for months, but I forget which version of the drivers had that problem.  Do you have an ATI graphics card?

Do you know what version of Java you have installed?  You can tell in Internet Explorer 7 by going to the Tools menu, and selecting "Sun Java Console".  When the text window opens, the version number is on the first line.

#8 04-11-2008 14:07:28

Knuckles

Java Version-1.6.0_05
And yeah, i have a ATI Card. Radeon X700 Series, if that helps
But you know, a while back, i had to reinstall windows and every *beep* on the PC. Before that, PaintBBS was working perfectly to me. I really don't get it. Q_Q

#9 04-12-2008 03:48:35

Waccoon
Administrator

Yeah, I'd recommend getting the newest driver and see if that helps.  nVidia has their own issues, but ATI's drivers are a real pain in the butt.

I recommend getting the "Display Driver Only", though.  If you don't already have it, staying away from the Catalyst Control Center is a good idea.  It installs all kinds of junk on your computer and adds a lot of stupid shortcuts all over the place, including one to almost every context menu (the menu that pops up when you right-click on the desktop, or click the File menu on any folder window).

#10 04-12-2008 10:08:56

Knuckles

Yaaaaay, it works now ^___^
Thanks for your support <3~

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB