NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 05-13-2005 11:46:00

Adrian

Issue With Thumbs

Hi again,

Yeah yeah, I bring trouble.  I'm getting two identical errors when I attempt to recreate all thumbnails through the control panel.  SOME of the thumbnails are generated, however, some are not.  Here is the script error:

Warning: getimagesize(): Read error! in /home/virtual/site224/fst/var/www/html/oekaki/thumbs_api.php on line 25

It shows up twice on the page and that's it.  Nothing else loads, just those two errors.  When I go back to the index page most of the thumbnails have not been generated, though some have.  Help is always appreciated.

-Erek

#2 05-14-2005 04:30:56

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Issue With Thumbs

Er... I have no idea.  getimagesize() might complain if an image is corrupt, but you shouldn't be getting that many errors.

Try turning off JPG compression, which should delete all JPGs in your pictures folder.  Wait 30 seconds, then turn it back on (turning it back on so soon may be causing a filesystem error).

If that doesn't work, I might have to give you a debug version of the thumbnail code to see if we can track down what's going on.  I have a hunch this is a file permissions issue.

#3 05-14-2005 07:43:18

Adrian

Well, turning compression off then back on again didn't seem to work.  I even tried CHMODing all pictures to 777 and it still errors me.  It's like it gets a quarter of the way done and then errors itself and doesn't create the rest of the jpg's.  Only about a quarter of them are present in the pictures directory.

I'm sorry that I keep having problems with this.

#4 05-14-2005 18:43:44

Waccoon
Administrator

Try this new thumbnail code.  It silences certain errors that might be causing the script to terminate early.

thumbs_api-550.zip

#5 05-14-2005 19:06:20

Adrian

I tried the new thumbs_api.php, and I don't get an error.  The page just doesn't load.  It stops at:

[Obsolete link]

Without any error listing.

Most of the thumbs are also refusing to generate still.  Strangely enough, the same thumbs that would compress are still working correctly.  I'm sorry if this is a hassle for you.  =/

#6 05-14-2005 19:20:37

Waccoon
Administrator

Dammit.  This is probably the same problem with Pichu's World oekaki.  The server is cutting the script short because it's using too much CPU time.

For now, go back into the control panel and then click Submit without changing anything.  This will force the board to rebuild the thumbnails only on page one.  I'll have to figure out some way to fix the other thumbnails later.

#7 05-14-2005 19:30:56

Adrian

You know, that actually does seem to be the problem.  The first page compressed fine with just a "submit" and no change.  I can edit the php.ini file, but without a server reset that doesn't really do me much good.  =/

Maybe I can ask my webhost to give the server a reset so I can grant scripts more memory to run, although I'm not sure if they'd be too keen on the idea.  Thanks for your help though.  If you come across a solution I'd be really happy to hear about it.

#8 05-14-2005 20:37:06

Waccoon
Administrator

More memory in the php.ini file will not fix the problem.  It's the Apache server that's the issue.

I'll just have to rewrite the compress.php file.

#9 05-14-2005 20:39:23

Adrian

I apologize if this is causing more trouble for you.  I feel bad for bringing to light problems.  =/

I really appreciate the time you're taking to help me though.

#10 08-25-2005 10:41:13

Arise

Er. I was just going to post with the same problem, but I noticed this, so I guess I'll reply here. Was there ever any sort of fix for this, or is it still a problem? yikes

Also, just out of curiousity, if I were to go through my pictures folder and manually make a JPG thumbnail for all of the old images (ohgodthatwouldtakeforeverbutmightbeworthit) and upload those into the pictures folder, and then left JPG compression/thumbnails on, would that work?

Yay for finding this support forum >_>

#11 08-25-2005 11:01:20

Adrian

Hi Arise,

Um, last I checked there really wasn't a fix for it.  =/

I guess you could manually create all the thumbs if you have write access in the directory, but that would be such a massive pain in the ass I can't even begin to describe.  x_x

Of course ...it wouldn't fix the problem if you ever wanted to recreate the thumbs through the board.  sad

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB