NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-24-2005 04:51:32

urbanraven

wax poteto

Does wax poteto work on windows xp? or is it just linux compatible?
Because i tried to update my oekaki 5.1.0a  wo the newest wax poteto..but it isnt working.

#2 07-25-2005 00:23:19

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: wax poteto

I test Wax with the Apache server running on Windows 2000.  It should work on XP just fine, and people tell me it works with Microsoft's IIS web server, too.

Is it just the installer that's causing problems, or the board itself?  Note that Wax only supports MySQL, so if you're using Microsoft MSSQL, it won't work.

#3 07-25-2005 19:48:36

urbanraven

well neither the install or board causes the problem...the problem is that when i update it everything goes fine..but when i go to my site its still the old op.
but i already installed the wacintaki which works fine. only problem is that it doesnt have the template designer.
plus i dont know what you mean by the mssql. but tripod has mysql and php things.

#4 07-30-2005 22:30:41

Waccoon
Administrator

So, the update didn't work correctly, yes?  Give me a link and I'll check it out.

#5 08-03-2005 05:39:10

urbanraven

http://members.lycos.co.uk/urbanraven88 <--- my oekaki

also..i was thinking that does it matter if i dont have my oekaki in the oekaki folder? like some may have it liek this :

members.lycos.co.uk/urbanraven88/oekaki  but i dont have the oekaki part..so is there some kind of an security risks in it?

#6 08-05-2005 05:19:50

Waccoon
Administrator

No, it makes no difference what the folder name is.

I'm not quite sure what the problem is, though.  It seems to be working fine.  Do you mean only Wax Poteto wasn't working, and now that you're using Wacintaki everything is OK?

Sorry, but the template editor is too much trouble to port to Wacintaki.  If you want to make new templates, you'll have to know CSS and edit one of the template PHP files.

#7 08-06-2005 13:26:39

urbanraven

Waccoon wrote:

No, it makes no difference what the folder name is.

I'm not quite sure what the problem is, though.  It seems to be working fine.  Do you mean only Wax Poteto wasn't working, and now that you're using Wacintaki everything is OK?

Sorry, but the template editor is too much trouble to port to Wacintaki.  If you want to make new templates, you'll have to know CSS and edit one of the template PHP files.

yes the wax poteto didnt work . and wacintaki is working properly ^_^ .

well I gotta find someone who knows CSS , or study it somehow  to get new templates ^_^

anyway thank you so much for your help ^_^

#8 08-06-2005 21:11:40

Waccoon
Administrator

Oh well.  I would've liked to know what was wrong.

Anyway, CSS isn't that hard.  Just edit "Banana.php" to get a new template.

In CSS, attributes are contained within curley brackets.  Each is of the form "key: value" and must end with a semicolon.  Colors are the same as in HTML format (sharp + 6 hex digits).  Measurements must include unit types, so if you want something to be 3 pixels wide, you must put "3px", not "3".

The important thing to remember is that Wacintaki makes templates automatically.  If you change the template PHP file, you'll have to delete the automatically generated template CSS file before your changes will work.

#9 08-07-2005 11:13:32

urbanraven

Waccoon wrote:

Oh well.  I would've liked to know what was wrong.

Anyway, CSS isn't that hard.  Just edit "Banana.php" to get a new template.

In CSS, attributes are contained within curley brackets.  Each is of the form "key: value" and must end with a semicolon.  Colors are the same as in HTML format (sharp + 6 hex digits).  Measurements must include unit types, so if you want something to be 3 pixels wide, you must put "3px", not "3".

The important thing to remember is that Wacintaki makes templates automatically.  If you change the template PHP file, you'll have to delete the automatically generated template CSS file before your changes will work.

Maby i did some mistake when i was installing wax poteto. But now everything is fine with wacintaki smile

and thank you for the CSS help. Im gonna see some online tutorials ...so maby I'll learn them ^_^

and again thank you so much for your help

#10 08-07-2005 20:29:31

Waccoon
Administrator

W3 Scools is a terrific place to start.  It shows a lot of definitions and not so much syntax, however.  Take a look at the banana.css file for syntax.  Just keep in mind that you have to edit the PHP template file, not the CSS file.

#11 08-08-2005 10:55:04

urbanraven

hmm ok ^_^ I'll check that site out. and once again thank you for your help ^_^

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB