NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-09-2009 17:57:46

pinjuixe

Uploading Error

One of the members on my oekaki has been having trouble with uploading from Chibipaint. She doesn't seem to be having problems with the other applets, and no other users have reported this issue to me. I checked out chibipaint myself and had no problems. I asked her to try it in IE, because I've heard of issues with oekaki in firefox regarding java (not sure if that's a strictly wacintaki problem), but it met with no success. She's got the latest update of Java. It doesn't seem like a one time issue as it's happening repeatedly, and on both of the oekakis on my server.

The complete error she gets when she is trying to upload her picture:

Error while sending the oekaki...Error: Unexpected answer from the serverHTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2009 22:30:57 GMT
Server: Apache
X-powered-by: PHP/5.2.8
Connection: close
content-type: text plain

Any ideas?

Last edited by pinjuixe (09-09-2009 18:15:51)

#2 09-10-2009 01:36:05

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Uploading Error

Chibi Paint sends picture data differently from the other applets, and expects a different answer from the server.  When things work out correctly, the applets expects the text message "CHIBIOK".  For some reason, the server is not sending that message.

Does this person's name use any symbols, or is it all alphabetical letters?  There was once a bug in Wax Poteto that causes people with symbols in their names (such as "*" and "~") to have problems uploading pictures.  I thought that bug was fixed, but that could explain why only one person is having issues sending pictures.  Actually, it's quite likely this is the issue.

The oekaki log wouldn't show anything useful, here, but it's possible that the server's error log would.  Do you have access to your server's error log?  If the server isn't sending the correct message to the applet for some reason, such as a security issue, the error log would show why.

#3 09-10-2009 21:06:08

pinjuixe

Re: Uploading Error

I checked out the error log for the server and it's all clear. Uh, her username is simply "Yumi" so I don't think that was it. Either way, the problems disapeared for her now, mysteriously.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB