NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-06-2009 21:03:34

rainbow

Oekaki boards on Orgfree.com

Hi there, Wac. I have a few questions regarding oekaki boards on Orgfree.com. I recently had to redirect my users over to Insomnia Oekaki over at Orgfree.com as OekakiArt is going to get taken offline soon:

1. Since Orgfree.com is a advertising supported service, how do the banner and popup advertisements effect the functionality of the oekaki? How does it effect Java Applets? People have been complaining that their Wacintaki oekaki boards aren't working there.

2. How reliable are their FTP servers when uploading artworks that were previously done on a oekaki. I had a lot of trouble having to transfer all of the data to the oekaki, especially the files via FTP. And the FTP service can only hold up to 1,000 files and the number of files that I had in the Pictures directory is at 1,966.

3. Incase there is a server mishap, a service change or a shutdown notice occuring, how can I make a backup of the mySQL database using the PHPMyAdmin console?

I am posting my questions regarding this, because although the oekaki is functioning, I cannot access Orgfree.com at all, because for some reason, my entire IP/hostmask may have been permanently banned without any second chances even though I can access my own oekaki through a proxy. Are you able to access my oekaki or the Orgfree.com domain name?

If that's the case, I may have to move Insomnia Oekaki to a different host again. I already tried Funpic.org and it was no fun, because I never got a confirmation e-mail from them. sad

Edit: Nevermind about the IP ban. LOL

It seems that Orgfree.com had some sort of a problem. Sorry for overreacting a bit.

Last edited by rainbow (09-06-2009 21:42:59)

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB