NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 08-06-2009 09:20:59

pika25

pictures storage limit : does not work !

hello friend,

I get used to upload some oekaki boards for several years now ! At first I wanted to tell you how your application is helpfull to everybody thank you very much for all ! ( my first language is french I hope you can understand me anyway, my english is so poor...)

well, I have a little problem about the pictures storage limit. I put at the beginning a limit as about 1500 pictures. Now I would like put less hmm, yeah let's say about 900. So, I put 900 in cpanel.

several days later, I see the number of pictures growing up again and again ! that wouldn't like to stop !

I have 1476 number of pictures now but the limit is on 900. the diagnostics section tells : 954 pictures (out of 900).

I checked config.php file and the limit is really 900.

cpanel says : "The maximum number of pictures that can stored at a time. 300 or more recommended (aprox 25MB). May be changed at any time, but old pictures are deleted immediately"

the sentence in bold won't work on my board. I still can see the oldest pictures.

What can I do against ? anybody has any ideas ?

thank you for answering and help smile

have a good end of summer time !

#2 08-06-2009 12:48:01

pika25

Re: pictures storage limit : does not work !

I deleted the first pictures which has been archived. and some others.

one thing I forgot to tell, I import my board in another server because of some problems on the ancient (some people had problems with server Free because of their provider, REALLY weird thing it drives me nutz.)

I think it works now but not as it should...

any ideas are welcome smile

#3 08-07-2009 01:50:38

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: pictures storage limit : does not work !

Sorry, for technical reasons I felt it was better to make the oekaki delete pictures in small groups, rather than delete all the pictures at one time.  Most installs of PHP only allows a script to run for 30 seconds.

Due to the limited time a script may run, if you reduce the number of stored pictures, they will only be deleted 30 at a time.  This means is can take a while for the number of pictures to level out.

This behavior has been changed in 1.4.3 so more pictures will be deleted immediately.  I have to find out how quickly the code runs to figure out what would be a good number of pictures to delete at one time.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB