NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-07-2009 01:02:25

CaseyCoati

How Do You Make Linked.....

How do you make the same usernames login to a different Poteto with same usernames on my site without signing up with same usernames again?

I want to have it also linked up to a forum with same usernames without signing up for a new one too - but I want the Poteto to be linked to submit the art to one category on the forum like a eg. coppermine photo gallery forum but I want it to just be one category and I want the rest to be a regular forum just for topics, typing. And have the Poteto as a link so the art can be looked there aswell for those who don't want to look through the forum.
If the forum needs to be both already photo/art and regular topics section to be linked up does anyone know a good one to do it with the Poteto that will work well?

I have seen on the web a different art gallery which was not an Poteto but linked to an Poteto on the same domain and drawing programs and the art is submited to that different art gallery there aswell as just uploading art to that art gallery so I know that is possible I have seen it and tried it but will it work with a forum?

Last edited by CaseyCoati (07-07-2009 01:36:48)

#2 07-07-2009 03:23:12

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: How Do You Make Linked.....

How do you make the same usernames login to a different Poteto with same usernames on my site without signing up with same usernames again?

If the oekakis are both hosted on the same server, you can do this using multiple installs, and editing the "hacks.php" file of each board to link them together (by sharing a single web browser cookie).  If the oekakis are hosted on two different servers, then sharing a login is not possible, because web browsers will not share cookies between more than one server.

I want to have it also linked up to a forum with same usernames without signing up for a new one too

This can be complicated, because there are different login authorization methods and different ways of encrypting passwords.  Most people need to put a lot of modifications into the forum and the oekaki so that when a person registers for the forum, that information is also copied into the oekaki database.  The oekaki then has to use the same authorization routine used in the forum to log in (which is handled in "boot.php" and "functions.php").

#3 07-10-2009 01:43:09

CaseyCoati

e.g. http://www.Server.com/MyAccount/oekaki
/oekaki2 for extra oekaki

/MyAccount2 if I wanted linked up subdomain oekakis aswell.

Code:

*/

// PATH
    {
        // Failsafe, or disable (default)
        $cookie_path = '/MyAccount';

// For the whole server (be careful!) or subdomain (OK).
        // $cookie_path = 'www.Server.com';

// Shared server that uses accounts (not subdomains).  Folders are CaSe SeNsItIvE!
        // $cookie_path = 'MyAccount/oekaki';
        // $cookie_path = 'MyAccount/oekaki2';
    }

// DOMAIN
    {
        $cookie_domain = 'Server.com/MyAccount';

// For every subdomain.  Keep the period at the front for maximum compatibility.
        // $cookie_domain = '.Server.com/MyAccount2/oekaki'';
        // $cookie_domain = '.Server.com/MyAccount2/oekaki2'';
    }
}

I'll use my own website to replace with the e.g. Did I do it right or is there some errors in there? I never done php before if that is what it is but I upload working oekakis before but never changes like that.

under cookies it said "Set this to allow multiple boards to share one cookie, is that all you set?

Know any help sites to link forums/oekakis together etc? And help on how to do oekaki link up right if I haven't. I can't find any help sites on it on the web.

Sorry I must seem a pain.

Last edited by CaseyCoati (07-10-2009 02:44:31)

#4 07-10-2009 04:11:09

Waccoon
Administrator

Okay, first make sure that you're first oekaki is installed and running normally.  Then, when installing the second oekaki, you have to make sure the database prefixes match.  The installer has the directions for this already, in the database section.

After that, you have to modify the "hacks.php" files for both boards.  The hacks file must be identical for both boards

Which path to use depends on your server's URL.  If you're using a dedicated DNS, such as "www.MyServer.com", then this will work:

Code:

// PATH
    {
        $cookie_path = '';

// For the whole server (be careful!) or subdomain (OK).
        // $cookie_path = '/';
    }

// DOMAIN
    {
        // $cookie_domain = '';

// For every subdomain.  Keep the period at the front for maximum compatibility.
        $cookie_domain = '.MyServer.com'';
    }

If you're using a shared host, such as "www.HostingCorp.com/account/", then for security reasons this will be more complicated, and you might have to set the second oekaki to be a child of the first oekaki, so you would end up with two oekakis as follows:

1st board: www.HostingCorp.com/account/
2nd board: www.HostingCorp.com/account/practice/

If you can provide the URL of the board you have set up or plan to set up, I can give more specific help.  What kind of hosting you have makes a big different with how the boards may be set up.

Note:  All PHP code that has two slashes at the front, such as "// DOMAIN" means that line is ignored by PHP.  So, only one $cookie_path and $cookie_domain will ever be used.  You can't set multiple values to them, and you don't have to.

Know any help sites to link forums/oekakis together etc? And help on how to do oekaki link up right if I haven't. I can't find any help sites on it on the web.

Only a handful of people have done this, so I don't believe there's any specific instructions available.  Every type of forum has to be modified a different way, so there's no simple way to do it.

#5 07-10-2009 07:16:06

CaseyCoati

Ok I think I get it now, I feel kind of silly not getting it before,  thanks so much. smile

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB