NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 05-21-2009 16:20:23

Iris

Editing activation/confirmation emails.

What files must one edit to change the activation/confirmation/account deletion emails that are sent out? I simply want to change what they say, such as link to a certain things and basically customize it to fit my board.

Thank you for any help.

#2 05-22-2009 03:18:23

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Editing activation/confirmation emails.

All of this is in the language file ("english.php"), starting at the comment "Automated Deletion Message".  Just do a search for "automated" in the language file and you should see it.

The messages are broken into pieces due to the way the board handles the language files.  If you really need to rewrite the messages entirely, the e-mail-based messages are used in "functions.php".  Do a search for "$mail =" to find all the e-mail bodies (the dollar sign and space in that search phrase are significant).

For example, here's a clip from the registration verification in "functions.php":

Code:

{$langop_word_dear} {$row['usrname']},\n\n{$langop_autoreg_p1} {$cfg['op_title']} @ {$cfg['op_url']} {$langop_autoreg_p2}\n\n

...you may need to rewrite it (carefully) to something like:

Code:

Welcome to the oekaki, {$row['usrname']},\n\n{$langop_autoreg_p1} {$cfg['op_title']} @ {$cfg['op_url']} using the username and password you supplied during registration.\n\n

#3 05-24-2009 08:58:21

Iris

Re: Editing activation/confirmation emails.

Thank you so much! I will be looking into that soon.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB