NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 04-08-2009 17:46:47

pikatuff

Wac Shi problems

I'm honestly stumped on this one. The other applets work perfectly fine, but it won;t load either of the shi painters. All I'm getting is a red X. Meanwhile I can go to other oekaki's and not have a problem. I've gotten a friend to test shi on her computer to make sure it wasn;t just mine, but it didn't work with hers either. I thought it might have been java, but yea.. it works fine on other oekaki's.
Is there anything that could fix this?

Guys who intrude on other people's paths of love hit their heads on a corner of tofu and die.

#2 04-12-2009 08:38:05

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Wac Shi problems

Both Shi applets use the same JAR file.  It's possible that the file got corrupted when it was uploaded to the server.  I haven't heard about any "special" properties about how ShiPainter works that would cause it to fail while PaintBBS works fine.

Do you know how to bring up the Java console in your web browser?  That would give you more information about why the applet isn't starting.  In Firefox, the console is under the "Tools" menu.

#3 04-15-2009 20:07:56

pikatuff

Re: Wac Shi problems

Code:

java.lang.ClassFormatError: Incompatible magic value 1012089682 in class file c/ShiPainter
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)
    at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(Unknown Source)
    at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(Unknown Source)
    at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(Unknown Source)
    at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Is this what you're looking for?
I've tried updating java and going back to the older versions. It doesn't work. I've tried re-uploading the file as well. It works fine on other oekaki's.
I hope that's what you were looking for. XD

Guys who intrude on other people's paths of love hit their heads on a corner of tofu and die.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB