NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 11-16-2008 10:03:28

K-ToF

Finished a fresh install, but nothing shows at all.

i'm using wamp on my own machine and had trouble installing Wacintaki, but i followed the suggestions on this topic: http://www.ninechime.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=866

so i finally got to the installation screen, i filled in all the info and submitted it and got to this screen:

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/K-ToF/storage/install.gif

i did not get any errors, however, when i clicked the button, nothing happened. in the url where the oekaki is, the page is completely blank. i don't mean like "404", i mean literally blank.

on the image, i read bellow that the button is supposed to remove installation files. and that would i need to remove the oekaki i'd need to copy back install.php. i checked and it was still there, checking the documentation it says that this could happen and that i should delete the update.php and install.php, so i did. But didn't solve anything.

So, please help?

#2 11-17-2008 03:28:20

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Finished a fresh install, but nothing shows at all.

Nothing at all?  It seems like something is getting stuck in the bootstrap, but the only thing I can think of is if something goes wrong with the language file, the bootstrap might not print anything.

What happens if you try to view "banned.php" or "paintsave.php"?  Do you get any output at all?

Try opening up the hacks.php file in a text editor and changing the DISABLE_DNS_HOST_LOOKUP value to "1".  On some servers, DNS host lookup can take a few seconds, and on a local machine it might behave unpredictably.

#3 11-17-2008 07:51:39

K-ToF

Re: Finished a fresh install, but nothing shows at all.

i figured it out, it was a stupid mistake.

i run my server on a specific port, 2501, and in the oekaki address field in the installation i had the port in it. i thought it would b required, installed a 2nd without the port in the address and that one works.

silly mistake, sorry to have bothered u over it.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB