NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 10-14-2008 12:27:14

Template help?

I've been making templates, but I've been wanting to add an image, you know like the banana template, but I can't figure it out.
Could someone explain that down to a pathetic level of intelligence?

#2 10-15-2008 05:55:11

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Template help?

You can't add images to the templates directly unless you edit the HTML code in the index/header/footer files.  However, you can set background images with CSS.  Background images in CSS work pretty much the same way the old "BGIMAGE" tag works in HTML.

With (almost) any CSS element, you can set a background image, as follows:

Code:

body {
    background-color: #F7DEC2;
    background-image: url("background.jpg");
}

...where "body" is the element in question.  In this case, the entire body (or background) of the web site will be filled with the image.  The image would have to be located in the templates folder.  The "url()" function translates a URL into a path that CSS can use, so you can use an off-site image for your background, though that isn't recommended.

What would you like to do to your site?

#3 10-15-2008 11:45:47

Awesome, thank you big_smile It worked.
I'm just trying to personalize a few templates, I allow members to make template requests, and I  eventually will get around to making a default template for my site.

http://moonshineoekaki.net/index.php  <--- This is my Halloween Template big_smile

Last edited by Rage Inflictor (10-15-2008 17:00:03)

#4 10-15-2008 19:12:14

I also have another question, my image 'Lucian', I've edited and saved as a UFO (Ulead file for Objects), I wanted him to be an object, without the white background...But photobucket doesn't acknowledge him as such. How do I/can I do that? For my background images can show up around him and such... big_smile

#5 10-19-2008 03:40:06

Waccoon
Administrator

I've edited and saved as a UFO (Ulead file for Objects)

Web browsers will only be able to show transparent GIF or PNG files, and Internet Explorer still has trouble showing transparent PNGs.  Your best bet is to use a transparent GIF.

I've made one for you right here:  Lucian.gif

#6 10-19-2008 09:05:55

Awesome, thank you so much!! It looks a lot better big_smile :hug:

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB