NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 09-30-2008 17:27:42

Chat box Popup

Wow, I have another problem.
Whenever someone uses the chatbox, their post turns into a pop up.

How do I fix that?

#2 10-01-2008 06:03:24

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Chat box Popup

I think that's the banner ads.  I'm using Firefox, and I just noticed that the pop-in ads will prevent hyperlinks from working, too.  That's... pretty sad.

#3 10-01-2008 07:47:10

I fixed it! Literally a minute ago. (I had help, Forau from http://www.titansgo.net/ )

Open chatbox.php and replace

<iframe id="chatarea" name="chatarea" src="chat.php" style="width: 100%;
height: 450px;" frameborder="0">

with

<iframe id="chatarea" name="topFrame" src="chat.php" style="width: 100%; height: 450px;" frameborder="0">

Everything works fine now!! big_smile

Edit: Though I am having another 'problem'. My font is too large, and I've gone in and taken all sizes down atleast 2, but it hasn't effected the page. sad Help? I've managed to change the colour of certain ones though. big_smile Also, I was wondering if  there was anyway to make an admins username show up a different colour than the members? big_smile I haven't managed to find that yet. sad

Oh, and I do have another chatbox problem, is there anyway you can do what you did to the site, (pushing down the header so the ads don't get in the way) You can't see the text with all the ads. sad And when someone, or at least me, edits a profile, when using the banana template, the script is in the profile. It's a huge mess. T_T My fault. OH, and can I get chat box timestamps? Military style, no date big_smile Plz?

Last edited by Rage Inflictor (10-02-2008 00:03:57)

#4 10-02-2008 06:30:39

Waccoon
Administrator

Well, let's focus on getting you a new site, first.  I didn't realize how bad the banner ads were until after the board was functional.

#5 10-02-2008 06:38:06

Yeah, good idea big_smile
I didn't think they'd be that bad either, I chose Lycos because the link was in the original Wax Poteto manual. sad

#6 10-03-2008 04:30:03

Waccoon
Administrator

Oh yeah... it'll probably take me until the weekend.  I'm thinking x10hosting.com would be fine.

#7 10-03-2008 10:02:24

Awesome! big_smile <3
I'm extremely excited big_smile Thank you <333

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB