NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 08-10-2008 08:40:30

Pinkie

Chibi layers merge

I have an oekaki, http://nanimoko.pichusworld.net/index.php which I recently upgraded from .6.4 to the latest version.

The chibi .chi file does save to the picture folder, but upon retouch all the layers merge down.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug, but when I delete a picture made in chibi, it anim file does not automatically delete. Will it stay in the folder forever or does it take some time for it to be overwritten?

Thanks for your support and the fantastic wax/wacintaki software. :3

#2 08-11-2008 02:16:14

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Chibi layers merge

Drat.  I found a problem with how Wax is handling the layers file.  5.7.1 has been released to fix this, as well as an unrelated profiling issue.

If you want to fix the CHI files that are already saved on the sever, this file will fix them.

#3 03-30-2011 15:14:50

Greentea

I'm really sorry for bringing this topic back to the surface of the earth but, does this patch works for Wacintaki too ?
Actually I've tried but i got a database error TwT

Last edited by Greentea (03-30-2011 15:15:34)

#4 03-30-2011 16:22:24

Waccoon
Administrator

The patch only works for Wax Poteto earlier than version 5.7.1.  It does not work with Wacintaki because it uses the old database system.

Are you having a specific problem with Wacintaki?

#5 03-30-2011 16:26:00

Greentea

Yes TwT
It appears that my friend's layers are merged with Chibi Paint and I cannot solve it on my own, i feel so powerless x')
This is why i was using the search function on the forum :3 I've though this topic could solve the problem smile

#6 03-31-2011 14:42:04

Waccoon
Administrator

I've heard reports about Chibi Paint flattening layers and ShiPainter corrupting animations, which suggests that there's either something wrong with the oekaki, or there's a problem with Java's caching system.  I've tried for years to track down the problem in the oekaki and have found nothing.

Would you be able to show me the picture that has the issue?  If I can download the image file and layers file, I'll have a better idea of why it's not working.

Please note that ChibiPaint always asks whether to send the layers file or not every time the image is edited.  If the artist says "No" to the request, the layers file will be discarded.  People should always say "Yes."

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB