NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-30-2008 09:51:52

AlkseeyaKC

ChibiPaint not working for me

I just dropped chibi paint into my oekaki but when I do to use the Applet its blank with a red X in the top left hand corner.
I read the readme file but I don't understand anything on it. is there something more I should be doing?

#2 07-31-2008 00:28:43

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: ChibiPaint not working for me

When I tried to read the "chibipaint.jar" file directly, I got a 403 Forbidden error.

You might have to play with the file permissions to get it working.  Some servers will not serve JAR files unless the execute bit is set.  Maybe there was a change in your server's security profile recently, so the other applets work fine, but the newest upload doesn't.

#3 07-31-2008 08:51:29

AlkseeyaKC

I Permissions were off compared to things around it. It looked like every thing should be set at 644 so I changed any chibi files to that. But its still not working.

#4 08-01-2008 01:55:02

Waccoon
Administrator

I can download the Chibi Paint applet now, so it should work.  I've submit a registration to check it out, but you'll have to approve me before I can try out the applet.

It might be related to the JTablet plugin, if you have it installed.  Try running the JTablet installer again.  People have noticed that every time you update Java, you might have to re-install JTablet, because of how the plugin works.

#5 08-01-2008 16:36:18

AlkseeyaKC

I accepted you.
I have a Mac and can't install the JTablet. *shakes fist at mac* so I don't think that would be the problem. ^_^ maybe i can go on my windows side and try it. Maybe it just doesn't like Macs. But Then again I have used Chibi Paint on Mac. So that shouldn't be it.

#6 08-01-2008 18:17:54

AlkseeyaKC

OK I just kind of poked onto it and it seemed to be working. O_o
Maybe it got the bad version stuck in my Cash or something. I don't know. XD
Anyway Thank you once again, Master Waccon! I have to say the support you give here is five star.
I have been trying to make a forum and it seems like no one ever wants to help me in the support areas. XD;

#7 08-02-2008 01:18:46

Waccoon
Administrator

I recall having an issue getting Chibi Paint to work on my Mac, but I don't remember what the issue was.  The applet does work on my PPC Mac, and I think it's supposed to work with Java 1.2, which is a few years old at this point.  Maybe the problem you were having is due to Java caching the "broken" JAR file, before the file permissions were corrected.

Thanks for the kind words, too.  My coding talents are still sub par, but I take usability seriously.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB