NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 07-08-2008 15:29:07

Pandalocity

I need a little help

I was wondering if anyone here could help me modify the hacks.php file in my oekaki's resource folder so that the cookies were shared. I tried myself, but due to my lack of knowledge in that area, I failed. I'm using a free web host and the url is pandalocity.free-site-host.com while the oekaki's url are pandalocity.free-site-host.com/oekaki and /oekakidoodle respectively. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what to modify withing the file to share the cookies. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this either, sorry if it isn't.

#2 07-08-2008 17:43:42

Nullig

Re: I need a little help

I believe it would be...

$cookie_path = '/';
$cookie_domain = 'pandalocity.free-site-host.com';

Nullig

#3 07-08-2008 18:28:25

Pandalocity

I tried putting that in, but when I did it, it wouldn't let me log out.

#4 07-09-2008 01:00:17

Waccoon
Administrator

Nullig is right.  However, once you change the cookie path, the board cannot update cookies in your web browser, anymore.  That means you can't log out.  And, since you can't log out, the board can't set the new cookie, and things don't seem to work.

The solution is to clear your browser cookies.  Be aware that everyone who's been using the board up to this point will have to clear their cookies, too.  Unfortunately, changing cookie paths after the board is installed tends to result in issues like this.

#5 07-09-2008 10:32:23

Pandalocity

Oh, I see now. Thank you very much. I guess it's good that I never accepted any members yet.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB