NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 06-24-2008 18:04:21

~*Eevee1*~

Mysql Error in Update

I recently switched servers and ran into a few errors along the way with my advanced oekaki. The sketcher seems to be working fine, but it's...an older version...or newer...one of those.
Anyway, SROA was loading with a lot of mysql errors on the header and the online list. Everything else was functioning fine though. I decided it'd be best to upgrade the oekaki anyway, so I tried to upgrade to the newest version but received this error:

Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/sroekak/public_html/oekaki3/update.php on line 2136

The errors may have been showing up because of something I need to turn on in the server, though I'm not...savvy enough with all this to know what exactly.
Guess I'm just looking to be guided in the right direction. <3

Owner of the Suta-Raito Oekakis:
Sutaro Sketcher
SR Oekaki
SRO is the merged form of SRON and SROA, with new templates and funnn contests <3

#2 06-25-2008 04:26:53

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Mysql Error in Update

I've found a rare problem when updating Wax Poteto boards of a specific version to Wacintaki.  This new updater will look for that situation and patch the correct version number:  update 1.3.14

Thankfully, Wacintaki and Wax now use identical config files and databases, so version conflicts should not be an issue anymore.

#3 06-30-2008 14:56:43

~*Eevee1*~

I think it's just having problems connecting to the database or something to do with the database.

On the index I get this:

Warning: mysql_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/sroekak/public_html/oekaki3/boot.php on line 66

Please run the updater.

Database required: v1.3.12
Config present: v

Then updating I get this:

Update from Wacintaki Poteto 1.3.0 to 1.3.12...

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/sroekak/public_html/oekaki3/update.php on line 2137
STOP: Could not verify database version (miscstring)! Try again.

Update to Wacintaki 1.3.12 failed.

Check your server permissions, the config.php and dbconn.php files, and try again.

SROA's the only one that had mysql errors when I switched servers, the others worked fine. I thought it was really odd since none of the files or database information was altered, just transfered over. That's why at first I thought it was something I needed to configure in the server for the database.
SROA did originally have problems when converting to Wac, but they were all resolved.

Sutaro Sketcher
SR Oekaki
SRO is the merged form of SRON and SROA, with new templates and funnn contests <3

#4 07-02-2008 03:16:38

Waccoon
Administrator

"line 2137" is the line that checks for the existence of the "oekakimisc" table.  If this line fails, then chances are that table was lost.  It would be trivial to add this table back into the database, but I'm concerned that something else may be missing or corrupt.

How did you transfer the database?  Did you use phpMyAdmin or some other tool?  Do you still have the database file?

If you go into phpMyAdmin and look at the database, do you see all of the following tables?

Code:

op_oekaki
op_oekakichat
op_oekakichatmod
op_oekakichatmodusers
op_oekakicmt
op_oekakidta
op_oekakilog
op_oekakimailbox
op_oekakimisc
op_oekakionline

If there's anything substantial missing, you'll need to re-import the database, or I'll have to look over your database backup file to see what didn't get backed up correctly.  If everything except "oekakimisc" is there, then we'll just recreate that table and see what happens.

#5 07-02-2008 15:35:15

~*Eevee1*~

My host is importing the backup database now, he noticed the error himself today. When I tried to manage the database it said some tables failed, so...that might be why everything happened. =} I'll get back to you if there are anymore errors after that goes through, thanks again for your help!

Sutaro Sketcher
SR Oekaki

#6 07-02-2008 16:31:33

~*Eevee1*~

Yup looks like that did the trick, everything is working beautifully. =}

Sutaro Sketcher
SR Oekaki

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB