NineChime forum

Furry stuff, oekaki stuff, and other stuff.

You are not logged in.

#1 05-05-2008 22:12:40

AlkseeyaKC

Database Password change....

I was recently doing some stuff to my database and had to change the password. Then I realized later that my oekaki doesn't work. Is there a way I can edit it so I can have the right password. so far all the pages are "Could not connect to the MySQL database." http://oekamie.divagate.com/ I'm contacting the tech support because we are having some epic problems.  I was just wondering if there is a way I can fix this with out them?

I have thought about deleting all the files in FTP and re-uploading them. Would that work? I'm hoping that I wont have to loss information on the oekaki. o_o;;;

I don't know what to do. XD;;;

#2 05-06-2008 01:35:17

Ashass

Re: Database Password change....

Just download the file called "dbconn.php", modify it to have the proper login, and reupload to the server and it should work

#3 05-06-2008 02:42:33

Waccoon
Administrator

Re: Database Password change....

There are two ways you can fix this:

1) Download the database editorI recommend renaming the file to something else before you upload it, to prevent another person from messing with your database.  Also, remove the file from the server once the database is working.  This file lets you type in new database information just like you would in the original installer.  It will tell you right away if the new values are working or not, so you can try different names until something works.

2) As Ashass recommended, you can download the "dbconn.php" file and edit it in a text editor.  You have to be careful when doing this, though.

Board footer

Yep, still running PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB